Chapter 31

DeMarcus POV

"Take the bag off." I demanded. Mine of my workers took the bag off his head and his eyes were set on me.

"Why am I here? I don't owe you anything!" He yelled which made me laugh.

"Oh, you're always going to owe me. What, you thought that after you did that one little job for me, you're finish? Well that's not how it works."

"Little job? LITTLE JOB?!" He yelled. Ooo, someone's getting upset. "I did all your fucking dirty work. You ain't ever shot not one of your enemies. You're a coward who is to afraid to face his problems head on."

"And what makes you any better? Because you made something of yourself?" I asked with a smirk.

"You don't have shit on me so shut the fuck up and let me go."

"I'm gonna let you go but you are going to do something for me." I said.

"Hell no. On my dead body." he said.

"Or on your daughters dead body. You choose, do the job, or watch me kill your daughter." rage filled his eyes as he tried to get loose from the chair.

"I swear to God, don't you dare touch my child. I will kill you." he said.

"Then do the fucking job."

"What is it?" He asked.

"Well, when you were suppose to kill who I wanted, you didn't finish the ducking job. Now he has went ahead and killed your mother." I said, boiling inside.

"I don't have a mother."

"No matter how much you want to deny it, Amanda is your mother."m

"How do you even know this shit?" He asked me.

"I have my ways. Now what I need you to do is to kill your sister."

"How does that help you at all? She has nothing to do with this."

"She has everything to do with this. Believe it or not, she is the only thing that they all love. Each and every single one of them, especially her father. He won't step down from power then I'm going to kill them all off....one bye one."

Jasmine POV

"Mario, I'm nervous. Do you really want me as your assistant? I thought you shouldn't mix business with pleasure." I said. He just laughed and stopped driving once we got to a red light.

"That rule is for dumbasses. I know how to control myself and I'm not bias." He said. Once the light turned green, he sped down the rode.

"What if your employees don't even like me? I don't have time for attitudes." I said.

"Jasmine, I know you and I know you're not a fighter. If you have an problem with someone or they have a problem with you, just walk away and find me. I will take care of it." he said. I looked at the side of his face and smirked.

"You know, you've become more protective over the years." I pointed out.

"I guess Lori being around gave me a reason to become more protective. Having a child really does change you. It like, you're living for more than yourself now and whatever you do effects your family. Makes me want to do more than what I do now." he said.

I couldn't help but think to when Mario hated my guts. If he could...i bet he would have killed me. it's like he did a total 360. It almost seems...fake.

"We're here." he said.

"This place is so damn beautiful. I wonder what's really inside of it. I've only been to the floor where your office is." I said.