The passage

Amelia's pov
I showed Peirce to the room he'll be staying in.
I was walking Asch to his when we walked into Justin and Lawrence.

"I was just taking Asch here to his room." I announced.
"Oh, this is Asch, I expected him to be....bigger," Justin commented.
"Oh, Freddy told you?" I asked, confused.
"Well, the way that Noi described him, he sounded bigger." Lawrence said.
He must have met Noi somewhere.
"Well, we have to get ready for dinner; it will be prepared in about two hours," Justin announced as he walked away. And Lawrence skipped away from him
For a man, almost in his 70s, he's very energetic.

I reached the old oak door.
"Oh there it is, this is your room." I said, opening the door.
I recognized the 'Fireplace.' in the far west wall.

" It's a good thing you got this room," I commented

"Why is that?" Asch asked.
"Well, because this room has this," I said, reaching underneath the dresser. Nothing.
Oh, wait, the switch is on the fake candle holder on the wall.
"What?" Asch seemed angry. Ok, that was embarrassing.
I held up my right hand, and time went back a minute.
"Why is that?" Asch asked...again.
"Well, because this room has this,"
I reached for the fake candle holder, and the 'fireplace' opened outwards.
Asch gasped.
"That is amazing!" Asch said under his breath.
"Yeah, this place has secret passages everywhere!" I said in a spooky voice. "Want to check it out?"
Asch seemed excited. And nodded.
"Good!" I shouted. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the passage.

It was about the same width as an airplane bathroom.
Without the light coming in from the bedroom, It would be pitch black.
"Now, to the left and down is the way to the bedroom on the first floor. And to the right and up the ladder is my room; it's not much." I explained to him.
"This is...amazing not like anything I had back home," Asch was amazed.
I turned to him; it was small, so we were almost touching.
Then I heard footsteps in Asch's room.
Then the fireplace smaller shut.
"No, NO!" I shouted as it shut.
The small room became pitch black.
"Crap!" I shouted.
"I think I got something." Asch said with a bit of Hesitation.
Then I thought he lit a match or had a lighter.
But it was like the flame....was on his hand.

"Did you make that?" I asked.
"Oh, I did; I can create fire." Asch seemed proud of himself.
Does he have powers too?
"Well we should open this up." Asch said, looking around.
"Oh this door only opens from the outside, let's head up to my room." I said, directing him up to my room.
We went through my 'Fireplace.' and into my room.

"It's almost empty?" Asch was confused

"It's almost empty?" Asch was confused. He Extinguished the flames.
"Yeah, I don't have a lot of money, dad doesn't give me any" I complained. Dad cares....just very little.

"So how did you discover you had that," I said, pointing at the hand that had the flames on it.
"I knew about my whole life," Asch said calmly. "Never thought of when I got it."
"Yeah, well I got mine in middle school, the day I got it, I had a strange dream," I said. "I was in a dark room; I thought I was dead, but then I heard a voice than my dad's voice, then I feel a sharp pain in my chest."
"That's an odd dream." Asch seemed concerned.
"Yeah, no one believed me though not even my parents" I looked down and sat at the foot of my bed.
Asch sat down next to me.
"Yeah, I know a few things about parents not.....caring about me," Asch said with sorrow.
"Really?" I asked, looking him in the eye.
"Yeah....my father doesn't even Acknowledge me sometimes." Asch said, almost crying. But he held it back. I held his hand to comfort him.

Then.
Freddy opened my door.
"Hey, Lawrence said he needs our help with" Rhen he saw asch and me holding hands. "Dinner," he said through his teeth. Oh crap.