Out smarted

"Ava, what the hell happened?!" Freddy whispered fiercely over his shoulder. "All you had to do was take out the trash and not be late to that interview! Where did these guys come from?!"

"I don't know! I found them all in the alley by the dumpster then they grabbed me and hung me in a tree, and I missed my interview, and then they came back, and the red one set the tree on fire, and then I tried to pull off his horns, only the horns didn't come off, and then I passed out and woke up here and then you came out with a baseball bat and now we're stuck here and -"

"Okay, okay, I get it!" Freddy sighed. He knew if Ava started panicking, they'd never get out of here in one piece. "Look, just calm down. I'll find a way to get you out. It looks like they're fascinated by your bra... if you throw that pan, I'll cover you while you make a break for the door." Freddy whispered to his roommate.

"What about you?!"

"Hey, I've got a bat. I'll be fine." Freddy nodded towards the white-haired man. "Do you think if I smack him a bit, we could both make it?" He grinned, despite how nervous he felt. "They all seem pretty distracted. We'd have more than enough of a window to get to the stairs."

"I mean...if you're sure..."

"Trust me. Just let me hit the green one before you take off." He lowered his voice further, readying the bat in his hand. "On three. One...Two...!"

Without the signal, Ava chucked the frying pan as hard as she could into the group. As it happened, she landed a decent hit right on the red one's face. She took off screaming right through the middle, ignoring Freddy's advice to wait until the path was clear.

"Ava, what are you doing!" Freddy shouted, but he didn't have time to be disappointed as he swung the bat towards the green one's ribs. Freddy felt it connect with something, but didn't check as he dropped it and ran after Ava as quickly as he could.

Just as he was about to round the corner, something hard collided with Freddy's back, and it hurt. It knocked him down, sending him skidding into the wall near his bedroom. His vision filling with stars and winding His glasses flew off, sliding under the door into the laundry room. He was vaguely aware of Ava screaming his name.

Shaking his head to try and clear his vision as he began to stand back up, trying to ignore the dull pain running through his back. It was then he felt something sharp against his throat.

"Don't. Move." A low, menacing warning was whispered in his ear.

Freddy froze, knowing very well he was entirely at his captor's mercy at the moment. If anything, he didn't want to risk them turning their attention to Ava. If he could just keep them distracted -

"Subdue him," came another voice. "We can't risk him attracting the attention of other humans."

There was a flash of green, and Freddy felt himself losing consciousness. Just before he went completely under, Ava's scream broke through his daze.

Ava was scared she knew that. But she also knew she'd just heard Freddy get smashed into the wall hard. As she turned to check, she was shocked to see the light-blue garbed demon right behind her. He swiftly grabbed her, pulling her towards his chest in an iron grip before turning back towards the apartment.

Ava screamed at what she saw.

Freddy appeared to be unconscious, the white-haired demon still holding one of his daggers against his throat. The dark blue demon was nearby, looking him over.

The latter finally noticed Ava watching and spoke to the green one. "Leif, make peace with her. I'll restrain this one."
As Rhys carried the man towards the couch, he started feeling warm. 'This is a strange feeling.'
Ava's pov

The one called 'Leif' approached, putting away his weapons and speaking softly. "It's okay, calm down. We're not going to hurt you."

Not going to hurt me?! Bullshit! I saw what they did to Freddy; there was no way they were going to treat me any differently!

I kept screaming.

"Heyheyhey, look at me." He flashed me a smile full of fangs. It was like getting a grin from a shark.

"AHHHHHHAHAHAAAA! HE'S GOT TEETH! AHHHHHH!"

"What did I do?" Leif seemed genuinely confused.

The little orange demon looked impressed. "Wow, never seen someone reject your smile like that."

"She seems to be immune to your charm. Perhaps a cultural misunderstanding." The dark blue one came up, looking vaguely annoyed. "She's going to alert the other Ee-urth residents. Calm her down, now!"

I felt a hand clamp over my mouth, the demon behind her shifting his grip to hold me with only his left arm. 'They're going to kill us. They're going to kill us THEY'REGOINGTOKILLUS!'

3rd person

Noi clapped his hands. "Haha, good job Pierce!"

"Indeed." Rhys nodded, feeling somewhat relieved. It was bad enough the two humans had attacked them; even worse, they had both scored direct hits. The male, in particular, seemed to care for the smaller, given how he had tried to buy the latter some time to escape. Who knows what could have happened if Pierce hadn't head-butted him into the wall on his way to capture the little one...
Yet when he saw the man he bound on the couch he started feeling strange. His heart started beating harder. Was he sick?
Asch gave an annoyed sigh next to him. "The noise is still unbearable! Ugh!" The Daemos prince formed a small fireball in his right hand. "I'll shut her up!"

"Asch, stop! We need her to trust us, hurting her isn't going to help us..." Rhys trailed off, glancing down at the Male humans body. Belatedly, he realized it would be much harder to convince this small human female they meant no harm after what they had done.

Well, at least Pierce and Leif hadn't killed him. He would probably make a full recovery in no time, then they'd all be able to move past this particular unpleasantness.

Confident in his logic, Rhys nodded to himself. "We'll just wait for her to stop, which should be aaaany moment now..."

THREE HOURS LATER

"Let me try something."

Rhys realized he was vaguely impressed. He didn't think the small human female would be able to sustain this level of resistance. It was becoming painfully obvious she wasn't going to stop on her own. No, the only thing that might calm her down at this point was her companion...which would mean releasing and waking the human male.

"We've tried nothing, and we're all out of ideas." Asch was coming dangerously close to making a very rash decision.

"I have an idea."

"You couldn't have had one sooner?" Noi whined.

"Silence!" Rhys approached the unconscious human male, waving his hand to dispel the bonds he had summoned earlier. Despite being unbound, he showed no signs of stirring from the cushions. "Leif, awaken him."

The former assassin's hand glowed green for a brief moment, quickly fading.