Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Now that's what I call a perfect ten," Tiana tipped down her oversized Jackie O sunglasses and sighed audibly.

I rolled my eyes and slapped the mosquito on my arm, "Aren't you being a bit too generous? He's not that good looking."

"Get real Chas," Tiana smirked, "the boy is smokin'....I don't even care if he has an attitude problem. That can easily be sorted out."

"Dude...Isn't your boyfriend just standing a couple of feet behind us?" I asked incredulously. I guess old habits do die hard. She was committed to my brother but her flirty streak flew freely most of the times. It was all in good fun though.

"Blaze?" she laughed, "I'm sure he's busy basking in all the attention he's being given right now."

And she sure was right about that. Blaze was indeed surrounded by a couple of girls from Kelson academy. Melissa was one of the girls standing in the crowd. I guess I had to warn her about my brother being taken. I don't know why it always happened with Tiana and Blaze. They were like magnets, always attracting the opposite sex. Some people are just born lucky. I wish I had a tiny bit of magnetism. I was more like a boy repellent.

My family had come over to Kelson Academy to visit me as it was Saturday. Students and parents had gathered around in the school ground to enjoy the sun and the scenic beauty of our ground. Those were the exact words mentioned on the paper stuck on the notice board. From 10-12pm students and parents/guardians are welcome to gather in the school ground to enjoy the sun and scenic beauty of our beautifully manicured lawns. Lunch will be served at 1pm in the school cafeteria; however students are allowed to leave the campus in case they have other plans with their guardians/parents.

My parents had decided to stick around at my school as they wanted to get familiar with the teachers and look around the school campus. In fact they were engaged in deep conversation with Mrs Renaldo while I was standing away from them, checking out Julian with Tiana by my side.

"So Juliet, will you at least introduce me to your Romeo?" she gave out one of signature dazzling smiles.

The list for the students chosen for the play had been put up a day before. As luck had it I was playing the role of Juliet and Julian was going to play Romeo. At times I did think that God was playing a cruel joke on me. I was hoping to get the role of Juliet but I never wished for Julian to get the role of the male lead. I was wishing for the complete opposite.

"You really think I'm all chummy with that dumbass?" I asked sceptically pointing towards a gloomy Julian curled up alone under a tree with a notebook in his hand. Apparently he was scribbling something in it.

"A very hoy dumbass," her smile widened, "Come on Chasy we're going boy hunting."

"Don't you Chasy me," I threatened.

"Besides I wasn't to see what's so special in him that you like him."

"Me?"

"Yes you. You're always so anti boy most of the times. I mean you do act like a boy yourself...but you never think of them romantically."

"Hello...I have a boyfriend."

"That is if you can call Eric a boyfriend. You haven't even held hands."

"I've kissed him!"

"Like how many times? Once in five months? Aren't you guys going a little too fast?" she joked.

"Whatever," I pouted and flipped my hair back. I wished, I looked a little girly while doing that but I'm sure I must've looked like a monkey flipping his hair back. Hey! Not all girls were blessed in the looks department.