Chapter 7

"What is that horrible noise?" I had to shout over the ruckus created by the loud noise blaring from some area of the room.

"It just the wake up alarm," Melissa said calmly as she got out of her bed.

"Just the wake up alarm? It sounds more like a car's security alarm!" I had been sleeping peacefully before. What a glorious way to wake up. Please note the sarcasm.

"You'll get used to it," Emily laughed. She already had fresh clothes and a towel cradled in her arms.

Needless to say she was the one going for a shower first. She could be my guest. I didn't mind catching a few minutes more of sleep.

"Don't you even think about it," Melissa warned as she saw me getting myself comfortable in my bed.

"As if," I snorted. "Do you think I can sleep with this annoying alarm bleating? How long will it go on?"

"For five minutes." Emily informed me before entering the bathroom.

"Five minutes? I think I'm going to have a big ass headache for the rest of the day," I threw my bed sheet aside and stretched.

There was no use sleeping anymore, the alarm wouldn't have allowed me to sleep. I swear it had to be Satan's alarm in hell. I felt like kicking myself. Why had I dug a hole for myself? I had been living a blissful life in Sandbay before coming to Kelson Academy. In a matter of a day I had managed to become my favourite rock star's enemy and I had also got punished. I don't think anyone else would have managed to create as much as mess as me. Mom was right, I had been nothing but trouble.

I opened the closet which was of the exact size of my shoe closet back home. Believe it or not I loved to collect shoes. Converse should have taken me up as their brand promoter. I had almost every colour and design they had launched. Well, I know that sounded far-fetched but I did have a lot of shoes.

The worst thing was that I had to wear a uniform and in my whole life I had never worn a uniform. Kelson Academy's uniform wasn't a usual uniform. In fact it looked like something straight out of Gossip Girl. A navy blue blazer with white piping, a navy blue skirt and a white shirt paired with black ballerinas and knee high white socks. Tiana would have loved it but I hated it. The uniform was so not me. I had to thank my stars that the skirt wasn't embarrassingly short.

"It's kind of cute you have to accept that," Melissa said as she saw me examining my uniform.

I sighed," I hate girly stuff."

"I did figure it out already...no offence."

"None taken," I grinned.

"They should at least have separate bathrooms for everyone...what if someone really has to go to pee or something?" I asked her.

She laughed, "You can go to the girl's washroom outside then. It's right next to dining hall."

"Oh good because I think I need to go," I placed the uniform on my bed after closing the closet. "I'll be right back."

"

But Chas-"

"When you gotta go, you gotta go," I told her and rushed out of the room.

I was glad that the dining hall was near my room because I wouldn't have made it any further. The washroom was surprisingly plush with marble flooring, tiled blue walls and modern white sinks.

As soon as I stepped out of the washroom I heard someone laughing. I turned around I saw Julian laughing as if there was no tomorrow.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked confused.