Chapter 4

"I'll miss you," Tiana wiped her tears with the crumpled Kleenex in her hand.

"I hate you but I'll miss having you around," Stacey enveloped me in a strangling hug.

"Try to keep a check on your level of craziness and keep coming around," Zack gulped sadly.

"This was the only way Chas. I'm sorry I had to stand by mom and dad on this," Blaze patted my back.

"I'm NOT going to die! Easy guys..." I laughed nervously.

What would've I done without my bunch of loyal friends. I hated Stacey too but I loved her as well. We had a complicated relationship. She teased me about my cool clothes and teased her about her sucky ones. It did look like a unicorn had puked over her, I thought seeing her pink sleeveless shirt, white capris which were lined with sequins, pink sequins ballet flats and numerous sparkly bracelets.

"Shut up," mom whacked me on the head. "Such nonsense can only be expected from you."

"Honey...Go easy on her," dad said uncomfortably. I'm sure he was having second thoughts about the decision to send me to Kelson Academy. I had never been away from home at a long stretch and I had always been a daddy's girl.

"Don't you melt now!" mom warned dad. She was still mad me.

"I promise I'll come over to get you back home every Friday evening, don't worry," dad hugged me tightly. "Don't go alone anywhere...you know it's not safe to do so. You have to complete rest of your education there but if there is some serious problem, tell me and we'll talk about it. Maybe we shouldn't send you...you are so young. What will you do there alone?"

"Christopher!" mom scolded dad. "Will you stop spoiling her? She needs to go to Kelson Academy in order to learn some valuable lessons of life."

"But Adrianna—" dad was cut off by mom.

"No more talking now or she'll get late," mom warned.

"Chas," Eric said softly as mom and dad got busy in a light argument. Even my friends and brother were busy watching my parents.

"Yeah," my throat became a little dry.

"Do you have to go?"

I scratched my head, "umm yup but we'll be touch and it'll be just like the old times."

"Just don't..." his voice was thick. "Forget me."

Wasn't that a funny thing to say? I mean Eric was my boyfriend, so, how could I possible forget him?

"I won't," I smiled.

I was really going to miss the old chap. We had had such fun times together if you didn't count studying maths together. I had to be the first girl who actually did that...study on study dates I mean. Because whenever Tee said she was going for a study date in Blaze's room she really didn't mean it that way. They made out and ended up devoting zero time to studies but Eric and I actually studied. I had to be proud about how romantic my boyfriend was. NOT. I mean he talked so passionately about linear equations but when it came to me... I'm not the most romantic person. Well I'm a tomboy or a banshee in my mother's own words so wasn't it up to Eric to make a move which he never did?

"Okay, then it's decided then," dad took in a deep breath preparing himself for my departure.

"I'll be fine dad don't worry," I tried to console him. It seemed this was going to be harder on him.

"Call me after every half an hour," he held my shoulders and looked at my face.

"Christopher!" mom scolded him again.