Discussion, Recruits

Nitrox led Achillean and Galleous into the meeting room in the Black Plasma Studios residence.

"You know, just a fun fact, I was barely ever in this house." Nitrox claimed, "I retired only months after the Studio moved. Most of my time with the Studio was spent in the old office. The one that got destroyed in the Giant Derp Incident. Oh, the good old days. So many stories I could tell you."

Achillean looked at him, bags beneath his eyes but an amused grin on his face, "I can only imagine."

They threaded into the meeting room, the round table surrounded by members of BPS as always. David looked up from the table.

"Nitrox, Achillean, Galleous! Take a seat, we have much to discuss, on account of Krista."

They wordlessly sat at the table, aside from Achillean, who stood.

"Achillean, would you like to inform Krista about problems outside of William's Droug?"

He grimaced, then nodded, "I must say all of this has affected me badly, though I will try my best to give an unbiased account of the events that have been going on for the past seven years."

"I will listen carefully." Krista promised.

He took a deep breath, and began telling his tale with a dispassionate voice, "Seven years ago, a few months after you left, the Ardoni began forming gangs. As you can tell, I'm an Ardoni, and I was of the Nestoris gang."

"Was?"

The yellow Ardoni looked at her, "Questions later. We often had skirmishes and such battles, but such things were rather small in the grand scheme of things. Any other significant thing would be too personal for me to address right now."

"Alright, I understand that, but every city has criminal gangs. Those are present in Alvatros too, even after the Droug were defeated." Krista claimed, "At what point did it start becoming a huge problem?"

He sighed, "Earlier this year, a Sendaris by the name of Thalleous murdered his Master so that he could take control of the clan for himself. It only got worse from there."

"But why would he do that?"

"He was dating a Voltaris, Tygren Voltaris. The rules of his clan did not allow such a relationship to continue, so he seized power for himself. After he succeeded, his plans were discovered and Osivian, another Sendaris, who was previously accused of murdering the Master and was proved innocent. Thalleous massacred the audience at the Courthouse, the judge was killed before sentencing," He winced, as if he did not want to recount, but he pushed onward, "He then fled, leaving Tygren to be captured, but he broke him out of prison too in order to escape to the Outerlands. We caught them at Nitrox's gas station, where Kai..."

His voice broke, and he began crying, but he kept talking, "Kai was a young woman who was also present at the Massacre, and she fought beside us when Thalleous went to the gas station," His expression hardened as he deadened his tone, "Thalleous knocked us all back with an Agressium Song, and I was too weak to do anything. Tygren would've killed me right then and there were it not for... Not for Kai."

Achillean pulled out his staff and leaned against it, his head bowed low.

"Sam, I can't. You tell her."

Sam turned to face the rest of the meeting, and continued Achillean's tale, "Kai threw herself in front of Achillean right as Tygren shot the Song. She died in my arms. I managed to wound Thalleous after that, after I took her sword, as I had taken yours." He looked at Krista as he said that, "After all this went down, Tygren was assassinated by a Sendaris doctor, Ciantrius, who is an agent of Osivian. We haven't heard much from Thalleous since then."