Massacre

The day had come. The Sendaris gang had finally agreed to release Osivian and send him to proper law enforcement. Now, an open trial was being held in the city court. Ingressus and Achillean were there too, sitting amongst the crowd. The Studio was supposed to represent Osivian in the case, because Sam's findings and Ingressus and Achillean's assistance had convinced them Thalleous was the one behind this. The team hadn't arrived, apart from Derp, who was sitting next to Ingressus and Achillean and playing with the fish David gave him. He wasn't really paying attention.

Thalleous was present too, along with a very fancy looking lawyer. Being powerful and rich, Thalleous could hire just about anyone to represent him.

The judge slammed his gavel down on his desk. "The prosecuting side can now proceed, for the trial has begun."

"Your honour, the case is that Osivian has murdered the previous master of the Sendaris gang." Thalleous' lawyer claimed.

"Is there proof of this?" The judge asked.

"The body of the master was found with a fatal gunshot wound. We know that Osivian's main weapon has always been a shotgun. Investigation by police found that a shotgun round had been fired into the master, implying he was shot by that particular weapon." Thalleous' lawyer told him.

"He stole my weapon!" Osivian stood up, angry.

"Sit down." The judge demanded.

"No! I will not sit down!" Osivian shouted, voice filled with roiling rage. "Do you not see the injustice here? I was trying to protect the master from Thalleous!"

"You have no proof of that!" Thalleous screamed in response, getting up as well, losing composure quickly. His lawyer immediately tried calming him down, but it hardly worked.

"Order!" The judge yelled, hammering the desk over and over again until both sat down.

"Osivian does not have proof that he's innocent." Thalleous' lawyer pointed out.

"But you have no concrete evidence that he isn't. And remember, you are all guilty until proven innocent." Another voice said. The Black Plasma team had arrived, and it was Sam who had spoken. "Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, I will be representing the defendant in this trial. I found some... Peculiar things at the sight of the crime." Everyone stood still. Sam was well known among the city. He was the praised hero of Plasmatropolis for defeating the Droug all those years ago. Everyone wished to listen to what he had to say.

"What did you find?" The judge asked.

"I would like to present a few photographs to the jury, your honour." Sam told the judge. The judge nodded, and Sam walked over to the jury and gave them a few sheets of film. They carefully examined the photographs, and Sam turned back to the judge. "It is clear that these two guards in the photographs were killed by a sword, and a sharp one at that. Does Osivian have one of those? No. Furthermore, I would like to note that Thalleous possesses a diamond greatsword, one that is capable of creating those injuries."

"Thalleous was on the site of the crime when it happened." Thalleous' lawyer responded, visibly frightened and shaking. One did not simply argue with Samuel Kyber, the hero of Plasmatropolis, confidently. "Could it perhaps be that Osivian took his sword in battle and used it to kill the guards before Thalleous got him under control?"

"According to the report Thalleous himself made to the public, he had arrived just after the master and his guards were killed. There would have been no way for what you say to be correct, or else it would contradict Thalleous' own account." Sam told him.