Battle after Battle

The Black Plasma team milled about in their residence. They had already had meetings to discuss the recent events, but they still weren't certain what their next move should be.

The phone rang, and David picked it up promptly. "David R.B here." He said.

"Sir, the scouts have reported a skirmish in William's occupied territories." It was one of the military officers BPS had constant contact with in order to coordinate these sorts of crises.

"A rebellion?" David inquired.

"Technically, sir, yes, there are rebels against William's occupation, but they're being assisted by a... peculiar external force.

"Who?"

"The... Droug." The officer stated, shakily. "But not William's Droug, sir, regular Droug, with orange lights. They appear to be attacking William's forces and liberating his hostages."

"That doesn't make any sense." David commented, "But we have to help out. This is the sort of distraction we need to counterattack William and his Droug armies. Have as many soldiers as possible head to the battle. Our team will be there too."

The other Black Plasma team members were listening in, and David turned to them. "Suit up, boys." He said. "We're striking back."

*****

Achillean spotted Sam' car, zooming at the speed limit. Confused, he activated his Mobillium, jumping along beside the vehicle. He shouted over the wind.

"Sam! Where are you going?"

"There's a fight in William's territories, and they say that there are Droug there!"

"What?"

"Droug!"

"How?"

"We don't know, that's why we're going, hop on!"

Achillean leapt onto the roof of the car, landing with a low thud. He activated his Supporium Song, and he managed to hold onto the smooth metal, green bubbles swirling around his hands. He lost track of time through the rush of the wind, as the invaded district came into view.

An orange and purple glow emanated from the streets, as the dying rays of the sun streaked across the sky. Achillean then let go of the Song's energy, and he felt an immense wave of exhaustion overcome him, though it wasn't enough to leave him unable to fight.

A battle was occuring in the town square, with blaster fire everywhere as purple Droug fought against what seemed to be... Regular, orange Droug. Getting out of the car, the BPS team began dashing into the battle, breaking up and finishing some fights off. A flash of blue sped in front of several purple Droug, and when it passed, the alien warriors fell. Sam appeared to recognise it, and yelled out, "Krista!"

"Sam?"

The blue streak resolved itself into the outline of a Felina, who had a dagger in her right hand.

Derp waved at the Felina. Of course, Achillean realized. It was only a matter of time before Krista got involved in this mess. She never could've let Sam deal with it himself. They'd always worked better as a team, after all.

In the background, one of the normal Droug, who looked distinct from the others and wielded two orange plasma swords. He seemed to be leading the charge against William's Droug, taking out opponent after opponent. The Droug commander and his forces aided some human and Ardoni rebels and supplied them with weapons. Krista looked behind her, as if checking on something. Sam noticed her concerned expression.

"Krista, what's wrong?"

"I rescued an Ardoni child from William's factory."

"Wait wait, slow down. How did you get here and why are Droug helping us?" David asked.