Unexpected Enemies

The Black Plasma team, along with several squadrons of police officers, arrived at one of the largest squares in Plasmatropolis, in the neighborhood where the Ardoni gangs were most active. Members of all the gangs were also present. They had been organized to discuss the idea of disbanding the gangs. The Sendaris loyal to Thalleous were not here, the rest of the gangs had condemned their actions. However, not everyone seemed happy in particular that the gangs were being shut down.

"You all know what we are going to talk about here." David addressed. "We're shutting down the gangs. We can do it the easy way, or the hard way. I cannot begin to list off all the crimes that have been committed by the five gangs. After the recent issues with Thalleous, I'm done tolerating this. And you are going to shut down your gangs now. No questions asked."

Ingressus walked out from behind David, "Ardoni of the Voltaris clan, for my last order as your leader, I declare this gang no more. You are free to do whatever you wish without fear of breaking any of the restrictions laid down by the previous masters and I.

Many gasps followed, but the Voltaris nodded.

"I will disband those who are loyal to me." Osivian claimed, stepping forth. "Thalleous' goons will still be a problem, unfortunately."

The Sendaris nodded solemnly, and stood back.

The Masters of the Kaltaris, Mendoris and Nestoris clans walked up, and each disbanded their gangs, each of which accepted, though some weren't so cooperative. After a few more minutes, the Ardoni had dispersed, the aurora of horns and markings threaded out of the square. David turned to face Sam, Derp, Achillean and Ingressus.

"I hope you're all doing okay during these horrendous times."

Sam stayed quiet while Ingressus answered for both himself and Achillean, "We're doing okay, it just takes a lot of time to process all of the things happening."

"I see."

Achillean suddenly started sobbing, though quietly. Ingressus put an arm around his shoulder comfortingly.

Sam turned to David and asked him, "Why would she do that?"

"Who?"

"Kai. Why would she sacrifice herself when she barely knew us?"

"She was a kind person, Sam."

"Why?"

"I wouldn't know, just know that she was of noble heart and an iron mind. She sacrificed herself for you, Achillean as for the rest of us. Were it not for her actions, we would've made it out of there with much fewer alive."

"Kai had some friends." Skyfall pointed out. "Should we not, perhaps, contact them? They deserve our condolences."

"Aye. Do either of you know where they are?"

"I'm not sure. Perhaps we can tell them if we ever see them around."

At that moment, a sudden burst came from behind a building. The ground shook with an immense force, as Droug, their lights purple, their eyes blank, but still Droug came barreling through the streets. They focused only on the Ardoni, as each fired their recovered weapons.

"How are they still alive?" exclaimed David.

"Achillean, look out!"

A whizzing bullet flew past his head, glowing purple, as he rolled out of the way. He drew his staff, ready to deflect any more. Beside him, David drew out his pistols and began firing rapidly at the reprogrammed soldiers. They paid him no more notice than if he were an ant.