Breaking News

Ingressus and Achillean were seated on their couch at home, watching the news. Standard weather reports, and then, suddenly, breaking news came on. A reporter began talking, and an image of a lifeless Ardoni corpse was shown, dressed in a military style, blurred to avoid graphic detail.

"Breaking news! The master of the Sendaris gang was shot and killed last night. Osivian Sendaris, a member of the gang, was accused of having committed the act and is being locked up by the gang. City authorities have demanded Osivian be released and given a proper trial, and searches for a lawyer have begun. The new master of the gang was chosen this morning by its members. The gang is now led by Thalleous Sendaris, a well known and well liked member."

"What in the Nether? This is unthinkable!" Achillean remarked, shocked. "Ingressus, why would someone do this?"

"Not sure, maybe that Obsidian guy or whatever his name was just really wanted power."

"I've got a bad feeling about this, Ingressy... Something isn't right." Achillean curled up close to him, fear threaded through his voice.

"It's fine, Achi, these things have happened before."

"Not like this... There's something about Osivian, he doesn't look guilty, just angry. And there's something off about Thalleous too, like he's hiding something..."

"This just in - a message was just send to our network from Black Plasma Studios, and it contains their thoughts on the murder." The reporter continued. A recording was shown outside the BPS headquarters at sunrise, where the leader, David R.B, was facing the camera.

"We received word that the Sendaris master was murdered." David said. "We're disturbed by this tragedy, but we have to agree with city authorities. The suspected murderer has to be proven guilty. We will investigate the situation ourselves. Anyone who thinks they could help us is welcome to participate."

"Ingressus, I have an idea." Achillean told him. "There's rumours that Thalleous is dating Tygren, you know Tygren, right?"

"You heard, then?"

"Ok, so my point is... you might know a bit about Thalleous through him." Achillean told him. "Because of this, we can help the Studio investigate. I'm telling you, something is up. We gotta get to the bottom of this! ...What do you think?"

"Huh... I do think that this may be a cause for investigation, but are you sure you want to get into something like this? Our standing among the members of the city and Studio isn't great-"

"Then I'll find a way to get in touch!"

"I'm sure you will." Ingressus let out an exhausted sigh, "But assassinations happen all the time, Achi."

"You exaggerate, the last leader who was killed by one of his own clan was that Kaltaris guy. And for good reason. This one seems different, and for that reason I'm going to find out more and report it to authorities."

"Fine, I'll come along."

Privately, Ingressus had no such concerns, though he was worried about Achillean's wellbeing. But Achillean seemed excited about his idea. Ingressus couldn't refuse a cute look like his boyfriend's.

"Hey, this'll go just fine, I promise." Achillean said. He leaned toward Ingressus, and kissed him softly. "We'll solve this mystery - you and I!"

*****

Ingressus and Achillean were walking through the streets, trying their best to avoid recognition until they found their target.

"So, you see, Ingressus, the members of the Studio are usually hard to reach. They have a lot of things to do every day. We certainly can't go up to their houses and just bother them with it. I mean, sure, David asked for help, but I'm sure the help has to be from someone with experience."