Chapter 2- Catching Up

Charlie POV

He just stopped singing, staring at me. I gave him the signal to continue going, but he was in such a strong gaze that even the flicking that the boys were doing to his arms didn’t make him budge. 

“Harry!” Liam shouted. Harry was finally brought back and turned red. I could see Louis mouth “What the hell, man” to him. He didn’t move, didn’t respond. He just stood there, now looking straight ahead, towards backstage almost. He looked deep in thought and then turned towards me again, with a smile on his face. I returned the favor before he left everyone in the arena confused by running off. 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and instantly knew who it was. 

“Hello Harry” I said in an obvious tone. 

“Is that-”

“Yes it’s me! Surprise” I said. 

“Oh my god, Charlie! You are so….. Womanly!”

“Thanks! That’s exactly what I wanted to hear from my best friend that I have barely seen in the past 2 years! To know I’m middle aged. Thanks Harry!” I said sarcastically. 

“Don’t move after the concert! You are coming backstage!’ He said before hanging up. He ran back on stage, acting as if nothing just happened. But the smile on his face told it all. 

“What are you all doing? Shouldn’t we be performing?” He said, motioning for Josh, Dan, Jon and Sandy to continue with the music. He started singing and it wasn’t long until the boys chimed in. 

The rest of the concert passed by. As all the girls fled out, Noah, Skye, and I stayed behind, waiting for Harry to arrive. Too bad that Harry has now turned into a middle aged man with black hair, stubble on his chin and a bit of a wider body. 

“Hey, I’m Paul! So nice to meet you guys!” He said. 

“Oh, erm hi!” I said, shaking his extended hand. 

“I’m the boys head of security” He announced. We nodded and followed him backstage. “Just so you know, Harry has been flipping out about you being here for the past 10 minutes. He’s been a little insane” he informed me. I bit my bottom lip, trying to hide the goofy smile on my face and nodded. “OK, the boys are in here! Have fun.”

Noah slightly turned the knob and pushed the door open. I took a deep breath before entering the room. 

“Charlotte Rae WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING HERE AND NOT TELING ME?” Harry screeched before tackling me to the ground. I giggled, hugging him. “I’ve missed you” he whispered in my hair. 

“Missed you too” I said. He looked down on me and then placed a warm and familiar kiss on my cheek just as I did to him. 

“Are you sure you aren’t dating?” Louis asked.