42•Return to Normality

'Those who do not trust enough will not be trusted'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

On the 6th of January, Kefira had woken early her nerves wracking with dread and fear as she packed her trunk. She wasn't sure she was ready to go back but she knew she'd only be delaying the innevitable.

Arthur had taken they day of after offering to apparate the girl to the castle so that she didn;t have to endure the long train ride- Kefira accepted greatfully. So mid afternoon Arthur knocked on the girls bedroom door before walking in, "You ready?" He questioned looking around the now bare room. Kefira nodded and the two began down the stairs, Arthur levetating the girls trunk behind him.

Molly was waiting at the bottom of the the stairs, tears welling in her eyes as she watched the young girl and her husband ascend down the stairs, Molly embranced the girl in a hug, "I hope you come back at summer." She said as she hugged the girl tightly.

Walking outside of the burrow the girl clutched tightly onto Arthur Weasleys hand as he apparated.

The air was cold in Scotland on that January evening, snow would surely fall later during the month. Probably heavy snow too, it would leave the Black Lake under a frosty surface where younger students would dare their friends to step onto the surface of it. "Here we are then." Arthur said solemnly, "If you need anything just write to use."

Kefira smiled up at the older man, "Thank you, Arthur." she carefully took the trunk as she turned to begin her journey towards the cobblestone path that lead up to the castle.

"I hope you come stay for summer!" Arthur shouted after her, "There's this amazing muggle called Whitby, i've heard they make equibish Fish and Chips!"

Kefira furrowed her brows and spun on her heels, "What a Fish and Chips?"

Arthur gaped at the girl, "You've never tried fish and chips?" He exclaimed, "We're definatley going there then!"

Kefria laughed as she continued to venture up the pathway, dragging her trunk behind her, "Can't wait." She waved to Arthur one last time before he was out of sighgt and the girl sighed as she continued up the cobblestone pathway to the Castle.

Arthur had agreed to leave her before the train would arrive at the castle so she could be settled in her dorm alone, knowing that all of her friends would've gone home for the holidays. So, when the girl finally entered the warms of the castle and the numbness in her fingers began to dissapear and the blood rushed back through them, the castle was rather empty.

A strong nostalgic feeling spread through her bones the deeper she got into the magical halls of the Hogwarts castle, she glanced up at the paintings as the walked up the stairs that lead to the Gryffindor common room. Only when she was stood infront of the Fat-Ladys portrait did a sudden sense of dread wash over her. She didn't know the password.

Sighing the girl balanced her trunk agaisnt the edge of the wall beside the commonroom entrance before venturning back down the stairs. Her shoes clattered as she ventured to the Defence Against the Dark Arts tower and up onto the first floor where Minerva McGonagall's office was located and was where she was most likely to be.

Dread filled the girl as she raised her fist to knock on the old wooden door, the sound of her fist hitting to dark wood echoed loudly shortly followed by a soft, "Come in." By her favourite Professor.

Minerva McGonagall looked the same as the girl remembered and was busy hunched over a pile of work she had porbably most regretably left to mark until the very last moment. The older woman with graying hair continued to mark a paper for a moment of two longer until she placed her elegant quill back into the red ink pot and looked back up at the girl. Her stern face morphing into one of shock, "Kefira?"

The girl in question smiled weakly at the Professor before parting her parched lips, "I was just wondering what the password to the common room is." She questioned timidly.

The professor seemed confused for another moment of two before realisation struck the aging woman's feature, "The password-oh yes." She then searched through her draw for a moment before glancing down to a booklet before looking back up at the girl, "The password is Pygmy Puff."

"Thank you, Professor." Kefira was about to leave the office when she heard the Professir call out her name.

"Perhaps we should have a chat later, yes?" McGonagall asked kindly, "Durning the feast, perhaps."

Kefira nodded, "That would be best, Professor."

And with that the blonde girl left the office to return to her dorm room, where she could only hope she wouldn't bump into any of her old friends.

The sixth year Gryffindor girls room was the same as Kefira remembered it. Posters a d photos where hung neatly on the walls, alongside four beds that where neatly made. Kefiras sat coldly in the corner, not being slept in for almost a year.

Her hands trailed the frame of her wooden bed as she sat down and glanced around the room once more. "I'm Marlene, Marlene McKinnon."  Her golden blonde hair swaying elegantly around her from the bed she sat on.

Alice, a short and chubby girl with doe brown eyes hasped, "You're the one with all the beautiful brothers!"  Marlene laughed at the smaller girl, "Oh i'm Alice, Alice Fortescue. Have any of you tried Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans?" she questioned as she began rummaging through her trunk that sat beside the foot of her bed.

"Every flavour beans?" A young redhead by the name of Lily Evans questioned as she sat up straighter on her four-poster bed.

Alice nodded excitedly as she pulled them out from the depth of her trunk, "They mean every flavour."

Keica laughed, "Lee swore he got a vomit flavoured one once, never really see them as appealing since then." They was still light in the young Gryffindors eyes, her stomach was still bloated from the amount of food she had stuffed inside her during the feast at the great hall. this was before things in her life got so complicated.

"You're Kefira Howendale, right?"  Marlene McKinnon questioned the blonde who turned to face her nodding, "My brother's dating your sister."

Kefria laughed, "She always said he was just a friend when he came around during the holdiays!"

Marlene laughed, "Anthony seems pretty sure they're dating, in my opinion they're endgame. They'll be married in a few years. Just you wait and see."

Lily howled in disgust as she spat the sweet Alice had given her out, "That's disgusting!" She splittered, "It was like-like bogies!" She then turned to face her new friends, "Besides that, school romances never play out. There's about as much chance of them getting married as they is of me marrying that Potter."

Alice laughed, "I don't know, Lils, he did seem pretty fond of you." Lily mimicked vomiting to express her disgust.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Published 30/05/20 13:28
I only half edited this so sorry for any typos or anything.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●Published 30/05/20 13:28I only half edited this so sorry for any typos or anything