33•Ways to hide the pain

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

'You'd be surprised at what lengths people will go to not to face what's real and painful inside them.'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Kefira swallowed a tablet with her shaking hands; she no longer felt the horror or pure joy out of consuming such a substance, now it was something her body required to stay sain.

Slamming her head back against the wall, Kefira sighed, she wants to cry, but no tears were even building up in her eyes. She felt as though she should want to cry, but then again, she felt nothing now.... nothing but numbness.

Perhaps that's why she had grown to love the substances Ophelia had introduced her too, because not only did she no longer have to feel the pain when she thought about what was to come in a few weeks, but the overwhelming sensation of tiredness had being overridden by the energy the drugs seemed to give her. It had been weeks since or even months since her last episode.

Ears still ringing from the lecture of Professor Slughorn at the other side of the whitening with age stone, Kefira fell down to the floor carefully watching as her hand began to stop trembling.

Once Kefira was sure the trembles had stopped she sighed a deep breath of relief and rested her head back against the wall.

Tomorrow.

Today was Kefira's last day at the school, she didn't know if her parent's plans would have changed about her returning for her sixth year. she didn't think she would be returning for the rest of her fifth. In some ways she hoped they did, for she didn't wish to see the betrayed looks on her friends- old friends faces as she walked around the school as a married woman.

Constantly sending Kefira letters, it was clear Mrs. Howendale was most excited about the events that were to take place in the summer.

Kefira knew she should return back into her lesson, for the only reason she had been excused was that Slughorn had noticed how rapidly she was shaking (of cause he didn't know the reason behind the circumstances.) But she could also feel the itching in her skin as it begged her to return to her dorm where she had a new batch of heroin waiting for here.

'I'm going insane.'

Not only was Kefira begging herself for a high, her head still pounded from a particular rambunctious party in the Hufflepuff common room from the night before.

Kefira sighed as she walked back into the classroom, weaving between the tables that were bubbling with all kinds of neon liquids, she tried to not get too close to Frank Longbottom's however, as she passed, for she didn't wish to get drenched in whatever potion he was attempting to brew.

Arriving at her desk she picked up her quill and shoved it into the bag, not fussing as the ink smeared the fabric of it. "Everything okay, Ms. Howendale?" Slughorn asked as he watched Kefira sling her bag over her shoulder.

"I'm going to head to the hospital wing, Professor." Kefira lied smoothly. "I'm not feeling too well." She knew Slughorn would believe her, for her complexion had become particularly pale recently.

As suspected Slughorn simply nodded, "Ah, well, I hope you get better soon." Slughorn said, his large stomach wobbling with each breath.

Kefira nodded and turned on her heels, making short eye contact with Marlene before quickly leaving the room.

Marlene looked after the girl, she noticed how her eyes were red, she didn't even know where the girl had being last night.

Marlene and Kefira had been friends ever since they were little, their mothers had worked together at the ministry. This made it plainly obvious to Marlene that something was clearly bothering her. Marlene also knew she would never have meant to hurt Lily; only if she was scared.

Marlene simply rose her hand in the air, drawing Professor Slughorns attention over to her, "Sir can I go and make sure Kefira arrives at the Hospital Wing okay?"

"Yes, yes, I suppose you should." Slughorn admitted absentmindedly, "She didn't look too well did she?"

Marlene smiled softly, grabbing her bag quickly and jogging out if the room. She walked at a fast pace out of the Dungeons, and eventually got behind her friend. Marlene made sure to stay at a distance - she didn't really believe that Kefira would be going to the hospital wing.

Marlene quietly followed her old friend back to the Gryffindor common room, Kefira spoke the password and Marlene managed to slip in behind her without getting caught.

Watching as her friend began to climb up the stairs to the girls dormitory Marlene waited behind until she reached the top before following, her eyebrows furrowed.

Marlene peeped through the gap left in the door and gasped out in surprise as she saw her lifelong friend raking through a bag, pulling out all kinds of tablets and plants.

Kefira looked up in alarm, quickly pushing her quilt over the bag.

"What the hell Kefira?!"

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Published 1/4/20 21:14

●・○・●・○・●・○・●Published 1/4/20 21:14