chapter three

Chapter Three - Be Honest With Me

'The most dangerous lies are the lies you tell yourself.'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Students chattered amongst themselves as they boarded the red steaming train, students upon students all with the same glowing smiles. Unique vivid blue eyes scanned across each face, letting the happiness soak through her skin.

"I'll see you at school, alright?" Leonard questioned his twin, ruffling her platinum hair, "If not before that, I'm sure Dan's looking for you already." Kefira knew all about Daniel Brandel, and how he would be looking for her, ever since her second year, he had been unhealthily obsessed with her, discreetly trying to flirt with the blonde. Of cause, the Latino boy with jet-black haired and chocolate brown orbs was good looking, but that didn't stop how frustrated she would get when each Hogsmeade trip he would try and stay by her side, glaring at any boy that even dared to glance her way - not like Kefira thought they were any - forcing them to stay away.

"Sure, I'll see you later," Kefira spoke, standing on her tiptoes in hope to see over the sea of the students for her friends. Eyebrows furrowed, the blonde lowered herself back onto flat feet, beginning to push through the crowds of students towards the steaming, red train.

Kefira continued to wander down the halls of the train, hoping to catch a glimpse of Lily's green eyes, or maybe for a flash of Marlene's blonde hair. The girl stumbled on her feet as she felt a hand grasp around her arm and drag her into the open compartment to her left. Kefira held onto the wall for support once she was inside the compartment, holding her eyes closed until the dizziness started to settle. Once it had stopped the girl opened her sapphire eyes, where she was greeted with three beaming smiles.

Marlene was the first to react, throwing her arms around the petite girl, "I've missed you so much." She squealed before pulling away and playfully slapping her, and harsh frown on her face, "You never wrote once! You could've been dead!" Marlene continued to slap the girl. getting her frustration out, before falling back and landing in one of the plush seats of the train compartment.

"I'm sorry." Kefira shrugged, rubbing the red mark on her arm, "I was busy."

"A letter to know you were alive would of being nice, though," Marlene grumbled. The golden blonde-haired girl, whilst being the wildest an most adventurous, had always been the one to look out for the group, whenever one faced trouble she was always there to comfort the one suffering, or to injure the one who had made them suffer.

"She can't help it if she was busy," Alice noted, stroking the jet-black fur of her spoiled, chubby cat.

"Anyway," Kefira interrupted, a cold stare contest between the two, "I'm here now, aren't I?"

Marlene huffed, throwing herself back into her seat, whilst the ginger in the corner of the compartment rolled her emerald eyes and placed the book 'The tale of Beauty and the Beast' onto her lap before coughing to clear I throat, "I have a question." Lily spoke waiting for the girls to give her acknowledgment before continuing to speak, "How come I wasn't invited to your annual family ball?"

The other three rolled their eyes, looking towards the blonde who had leaned back in her seat, her blue eyes looking at the redhead in humor, "You don't want to go to one fo those," She said, laughing at the girl, "Unless, unknowingly to me, you turned into a prestigious pratt over the summer?"

Throughout the train ride the girls continued to entertain themselves, Lily continued to study her book, whilst Alice stroked the fur of her yellow-eyed cat, Kefira began to sketch a (very bad) drawing of the scene in front of her as Marlene toyed with a box of cigarettes in her hand.

"I regret saying no to the trolly-lady now," Alice admitted as her stomach gave of another loud grumble, her cat 'meowed' in agreement.

Marlene stood from her seat, running her hands through her blonde hair, "I'll go with you to find her," she said, raking through her brown satchel, "If you go to the back of the train with me." She said once retrieving her purple lighter from her bag of rubbish and holding it up in pride.

Alice groaned before agreeing and the two girls, one small the other tall, ventured out into the corridor of the train, the black-furred cat trotting behind. The two girls, now with only each other for company, sat in silence. Unknowingly to the Lily, Kefira could feel the eyes of the redhead watching her, as she continued to very aggressively add details to one of the photos that were plastered on the compartment walls, "Okay, what's the matter?" Kefira sighed, placing her sketchbook on the seat beside her.

Lily looked at the girl in alarm, not expecting to of being caught watching her friend, the girl cleared her throat and placed her book onto the seat beside her, "Are you okay, honestly?" Lily asked.

Kefira closed her eyes for a second before opening them and falling into the mesmerizing green trance of her friend's eyes, "I'm fine-"

"Be honest," Lily interrupted, "be honest with me."

The blonde looked down for a second, her blonde hair falling into her face, as she looked back up at the girl she had tears-stained her eyes, that were filled with uncertainty, "It's getting worse," She cried, as the redhead came over and comforted the girl by putting an arm around her, "It's getting so much worse."

Lily didn't know what to say, she was normally quite good at comforting people of need, however, she was lost for words to say to her friend who had fallen a lot iller over the years. Kefira had told the girls back in their third year about her illness, back when it was only just starting to become noticeable, the girls had vowed to protect the girl at all costs. They vowed to help her at her lowest, and keep her secret safe from getting into the sticky fingers of the school children. Kefira didn't expect this of her friends, she knew they would accept her but did not think for a minute that they would go to the extent they did to help her.

"You don't have to hide these things from us," Lily reminded as she rubbed the girl's shoulder, in a comforting manner, "We want to help you."

"I think I'm far beyond help now," Kefira spoke honestly, "I don't think there's anything left to fix me. No potion. No spells. No cure."

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Published:07/04/18 10:16
Edited: 06/07/20 22:56

Published:07/04/18 10:16Edited: 06/07/20 22:56