39•another year older

'this year i wished to be dead

'this year i wished to be dead.... and they all clapped without knowing'
●・○・●・○・●・○・●

occasionally Kefira would visit home. Those where days she enjoyed, sitting at the grand window of her old room and look through the frosted glass at the grounds that surrounded the manor. She misses being able to hear the laughs of her brother and sister as they chased each other through the grounds. She missed a lot.

Her calloused fingers traced lightly across the aged wooded panelling that lined her window, dipping her fingers into the crevices of the wood; imagining when things where better. When he was happier.

A single tear slid down her cheek.

"Oh, look at the willow weep."

Kefira whipped her head around, hair platinum and cascading in curls down her back, eyes so piercing looking deep into her soul. Kefira couldn't move, her feet where planted into the oak flooring, "Angelia?"

"Got to say," Angelia spoke, stepping forward and brushing a strand of silk hair from her sisters face, "You really have grown since I've last seen you."

Kefira smacked away her hand, "Over a year, Angelia."

"I'm sorry." the older begged for forgivness, "I didn't know what to do. They where going to bethroth me turn me into a Deatheater, I wasn't ready Kefira." Kefira turned away in disgust looking back out at the fields of Wales that surrounded her house. "But then, I see that you where. I can't believe you Kefira."

Kefira spun around and glared at her sister in disgust, "What did you expect Angelia, enlighten me?" Angelia gaped at her sister, "You left us Angelia, you left without even saying goodbye. What did you really excpect? What did you even come back for?"

Angelia looked down at a box in her hand, "I'm sorry I left Kefira, I really am. I came back to wish you Happy Birthday."

"Oh really, Because you cared so deeply last year didn't you?"

"Kefira I came back because now you're old enough to leave, you're seventeen now Kefira! You can do magic you can defend yourself to leave. It's not too late for you." Angelia reasoned.

"What like you did?" Kefira scoffed, "Maybe you saved yourself but you left us Angelia. And what makes you think I want to leave, become a blood-traitor? I have a life for me here."

Angelia looked at her sister in pity, "Maybe you have a life set out for you, Kefira, but it's not a life you want. I know you, better than anyone."

"Correction, use to know me. I've changed in the past year."

Angelia sighed as she walked over to the girls old bed, "Nobody can change that much in a year." She placed the violet box down onto the bed, before looking back up at her sister, "Happy birthday sister, I know you don't want to hear this, whether youre In denial or you really have changed you should know; it's not too late to leave."

Kefira remembered the words of her father, "If you leave now I can help you, but if you do this- then I cant protect you anymore."

She could only wonder why everyone was so willing to help her, she didn't need anyones help.

When she looked back towards where Angelia had stood the space was empty, only the violet box leaving evidence that she had once being there any this all wasn't ust a figment of her imagination.

No she was just a ghost from her past.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Leonard Howendale use to love his birthday, well it wasn't just his, he got to share his birthday and the excitement and laughter that came with it. This year was different, he didn't feel that rush of excitement as he woke early the next morning nor was they laughter. Instead he padded down the hallway, the sound of his perfectly polished school shoes clattering against the floor bouncing of the old stone walls of the ancient castle.

The great hall was rather peaceful as the sun was only just peaking over the horizon, Leonard didn't mind the peace for it gave him mind the time to wonder that he needed. He knew he needed to contact his sister in some way, his only problem was that he didn't know how to. Would he send her a letter? If so what would he put in it, happy seventeenth birthday and I hope your marriage is going well?

Of cause he couldn't do that, all he could do now was hope for the best.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●
Published 21/05/20 17:24

●・○・●・○・●・○・●Published 21/05/20 17:24