chapter eight

Chapter eight - Detention 

'School has too names - School, and Prison.'

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

The meek corridors dragged as Kefira trailed down them. She hated having detention alone, they were so.... well - boring. Another thing adding to her annoyance was how it was Sirius Black - the schools most annoying prat - that got her this detention, he did it so easily as well.

The oak door to McGonagalls classroom, was spotted with years of age, and Kefira trailed her hands down the steel handle and allowed her fingers to fill the crevices in it, before pushing it open. The door groaned, as the cold air from inside the classroom rushed out, brushing against her face.

The Professor stood at the front of her classroom, her spectacles perched so perfectly on the edge of her nose it was almost as though they where made specifically for her face, "Miss Howendale, please take a seat."

Kefira lowered her head, taking the walk of shame as she sat down on one for the tests, "We're just waiting for the others," McGonagall said, "then we can get started."

"Others?" Kefira asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

McGonagall never answered, and continued watching the door expectantly. Several minutes after detention was going to start, they was a loud bang as the old door was swung forward, smacking against the stone wall behind it, "Take a seat boy's. Separately," McGonagall ordered, her green eyes glaring at the two boys.

Kefira couldn't stop the incontrovertible eye roll as the two of the infamous Marauders walked deeper into the classroom, "What did you do?" She asked as James turned to face the girl.

James grinned. "Sirius hexed Bertram Aubrey to make his head double the size."

Kefira's furrowed her eyebrows, "Why?" She then parted her lips in disgust, "Why the hell would you do that?"

"Relax. Poppy will fix it in a heartbeat." He leaned back in his chair, his arms supporting his head, throwing his feet up on the chipped wooden desk.

Kefira rolled her eyes, turning her attention back to the Professor who stood at the front of the classroom. "You are going to be cleaning the classroom today," McGonagall spoke, a smirk toying on the corner of her lips. "Without magic."

Sirius stared at McGonagall, his mouth remained in an uncharacteristic grim line amid his rosy cheeks. The Professor held her hand out expectantly, waiting for the black haired boy to place his wand into her hand. Sirius did so, whilst looking at the Professor in confusion.

McGonagall, in her arrogant triumph, smirked. Her green eyes shining in some sort of enjoyment. She replaced the wooden wand that was once in his hand, instead the hog now held one fo Filchs oldest mops and a wooden bucket of water.

"What am I supposed to do with these?" Sirius questioned, waving around the mop and moving to place the end on top of the Professors head.

"Clean." The Professor said, dodging out of the way of the mop.

As Kefira watched the boy, she smirked - just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a tilting of the head. She loved seeing him struggle, even if it meant she had to serve detention as well to see it.

McGonagall handed cleaning equipment to both James and Kefira, before leaving the classroom. Placing the wands outside for them to collect once they had finished.

Soon after Kefira found that Sirius was rather awful at mopping the floor, (mostly because he couldn't figure out how a mop functioned) the two swapped jobs. Sirius was seemingly satisfied with his new job, as he chiselled the gum from the underside of the desks.

Kefira rolled her eyes, at how much fun the boy seemed to be having, as she continued to clean the overly-dirty floor. She began muttering insults under her breath, "As prissy as a porpoise, a little snitch, smelly old ratbag, horrible little earwig, as thick as a 300-year-old oak tree's trunk"

"Did you just say I was as thick as a tree trunk?" Sirius questioned, suppressing a laugh at the girl.

James looked at the other boy, holding his hand in front of his face to stop a laugh, "She's not wrong."

Sirius glared at his friend, before turning his attention back to the mischievous girl. "At least I'm not as colour coordinated as cat sick, as appealing as a slug sandwich, miserable malodorous mackerel, like you."

Kefira looked at the boy in amusement, "A 'miserable mackerel'?" She asked, smirking.

She clicked her tongue against her teeth, picking up the bucket of dirty water in her hands. The water was brown, with some unidentified chunks in it, and she shamelessly chucked it over the black haired boy.

Kefira saw the boy tense as the cold water hit his back. Throwing the bucket down on the floor, blue eyes clashed with grey.

"What was that for?" Sirius shouted standing up, shaking his head to get the icy water out of his hair.

"You're an asshole, you know that?" Kefira asked, throwing the bucket on the floor, "And you and your little group of misfits will all get what's coming to you?"

James and Sirius looked at each other as she stormed out of the room, dirty water dripping into Sirius' eyes.

James laughed, holding his stomach, "Look," He laughed, pointing at Sirius. "Wet dog!"

●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Published 10/05/19 19:26
Edited 26/09/20 19:26

This seemed to take forever to edit - probably cause I've had a really crappy day and I'm tired. Therefore I apologise if there's any mistakes.

Can we also appreciate how I published at edited this at the exact same time