ʀᴀɴᴛᴀʀᴏ ᴀᴍᴀᴍɪ [1]

Rantaro Amami X Upset! Male! Reader

Warnings: Angst, Death, Mentions of Death, Cliche Fluff, Spoilers,

Key: [Y/n] = Your Name,

Killing Game or No Killing Game?: Killing Game

AU: Yes (Survivor! Rantaro Amami)

Relationship: Implied Romance

Inspo: None

Requested From: Quotev

Note: More angst oof... But it's also kinda fluffy. It's a comfort fic, so it won't be to heartbreaking (like the Gonta chapter.) And it'll be an AU where Rantaro survives, obviously

・゚: *・゚:*:

Gone. They... were gone. Dead. Never to move again. One of your closest friends were murdered by the blackened. Their death cut even deeper because you knew them before this cruel killing game started. Your memories had been taken, but through it all you were still able to remember each other.

And now, because of this twisted game they were dead. The blackened must've felt backed into a corner by the motives, and tragically took your friend. You would probably never completely forgive them, but you knew the circumstances were hard on people since the mastermind of all of this was a sick bastard. You could understand, to some degree.

But still, the fact that a person who played such an evident role in your life was never coming back to you stung. All the memories you made together were just treasures of the past. And they were going to stay that way...

You cried when you discovered the body with everyone else, but after that you went into shock. You couldn't believe it. This wasn't really happening, right? They couldn't be gone... You remained silent through the trial, and even through the execution of the blackened who took your friend from you.

After that, you wanted to be alone. You were convinced no matter what comfort someone tried to offer, it wasn't going to work. You locked yourself up in your room, where you stayed for days.

You had gotten so caught up in your despair that you had forgotten you had other friends. Friends who cared about you, and were worried about it. Most of all, Rantaro Amami.

At first, he was a mysterious and kinda stand offish guy. He wasn't rude or a bad guy by any means, he just seemed like he didn't want anyone to get too close to him. Almost like he was worried about it, for some reason. But even then, his heart wasn't impenetrable, and he gave into your persuasions of being at least somewhat close.

You were just too damn cute and nice, and it was already hard on him not being able to be with anyone since he feared the consequences. But, luckily enough for him, nothing bad ever really happened to you. The mastermind never tried to harm you, so he saw it as a sign that it was okay. Of course, he couldn't entrust every secret he had to you, but it really was for your own good.

He was worried, but he knew that for the first few days that you'd want to be alone and he respected that. He's gone through the same heartbreak of losing someone, so he was going to try and be the most understanding he can. Losing someone was a hard thing to go through, and he would be there for you when you needed to be consoled by one of your friends.

Before dropping by your dorm room, he got you a gift from the MonoMonomachine. It wasn't necessarily anything to try and cheer you up, as it would be ridiculous to think that just a gift would make everything better. It was just a simple drink that he knew you liked, so just in case you cried you wouldn't have to worry about your throat hurting.