Chapter 10

It seemed like a whole year had passed when frankly only a couple of hours had. Francis watched the leaves tremble off their branches as Francis went towards Arthur's empty room when he checked every bar in town, every beach, every park and everywhere.

No one knew where he had gone and it terrified the heck out of Francis that one day he would wake up and become an alcoholic because of it, even though he swore off drinking.

More victims from the nameless pirate had grown and among them, everyone thought that Arthur had been attacked by drunken pirates or drowned himself in the ocean.

Francis spent some time with Joan and had learned that a body of an unidentified blond man had been found, causing a sickening feeling to emerge.

That can't be him.

That can't be him.

And he refused to believe that it was him, even with the bushy eyebrows and an ID belonging to Mr. Kirkland. After the discovery, Joan decided to close down the office for awhile, to mourn for the loss of her boss; however, this only brought up one question. Why would anyone hurt him?

The only way Francis would find out what potentially happened was lost evidence in the detective's office. Francis broke open the locked door by tearing away at the wooden boards and grabbed the handle, wiggling it free and opening the small door.

He entered the abandoned building and noticed that nothing had changed; however, everything seemed grimmer. He trotted towards the detective's office, his heart melting and his eyes filling with tears.

"Mom Amie..." Francis whispered and grabbed the same note saying his brother had deceased.

"Maybe that's why he was..." Francis cut off and grabbed another note. There were bills to the place over the reasonable amount of money that should've been due and was signed by The Justice Foundation.

Maybe the reason the nameless pirate wasn't being named or brought to justice was because of the corrupt government and people? Francis grabbed another piece of paper of boat routines and what they were being shipped in them. They were marked with red sharpie of the boots that had been robbed and how much had died.

"Arthur HAD been working this case -" Francis let the piece of paper fly out of his hand and his head shot towards the door as the building's door shattered open, a thud being heard hit the wooden floor.

Francis grabbed multiple pieces of paper and when he heard a loud, angry high-pitched male's voice scream something that was inaudible. Francis unlocked a window and darted out, his legs sprinting with all the energy he had left and fell behind a tree, getting away from the town and taking sanctuary in the woods.

He sat down beneath a tree as the shadow loomed over him, keeping him safe from the violent sun.

Francis grabbed the note and his eyes scanned it over a thousand times. He looked at today's date and realized there was a boat coming to drop off perfume, cash and supplies to shop's. It became more and more apparent that Arthur had figured out who the culprit was and sentenced to death. He bit his lip as the words began to fumble inside his brain. He was dead.

"I will avenge your death Arthur.. " Francis whispered and stood up, making his way back towards the village he just left. He had millions upon millions of questions surround him; however, he knew one thing was certain. He had a purpose now.

His mind had been racing in thought, about the whole case and he felt someone bump into him, throwing him out of his thoughts.

"Oh sorry-" He noticed Joan who only let out a small giggle.

"You look deep in thought Francis, this a good time-?"

"Not really..." A lightbulb went off in Francis' head, maybe Alfred and Kiku had seen Arthur nearby.

"Oh, okay- I'll be off-!" Joan gave her soft smile that would've caught the male in a phase; however, he couldn't shake the force around him.

"Wait-!" Francis grabbed her arm softly as he asked. "Would Arthur be with Alfred and Kiku...?"

"He doesn't really hang around his little brother anymore, due to a big disagreement the two shared. However, you can go check! I have to run errands so I will catch you around!" Joan gave a small smile and before she disappeared into the crowd, Francis grabbed her.

"Do you think he is still alive...?"

Joan didn't answer and Francis released his grip as she quietly whispered. "It was him." Her features blurred with the crowd as she ran off, leaving Francis alone in the midst.

Francis grabbed the crinkled paper in his hand and refused to allow reality to sink itself into his flesh. Francis glanced down at the piece of paper that he was holding and let it fly out of his hand like a bird would do from a magician's hat. He felt like he was finally feeling a small resolution over everything.