Chapter 30

Three months had passed.

Three.

Those months had felt like a feverish dream as the frenchman shoved open the swing doors to his bartending job and greeted the regulars. Everything had gone back to normal... Sorta.

Alfred and Kiku had gotten engaged and planned to be married (how cute!) while Ludwig went back his bar and Arthur...

"Hey Francis, got ye mind on something else or can ye serve me a beer, me lad?" Edward asked, tapping his fingers against the cedric tabletops. Everything had to be replaced from that night. He couldn't help but let out a small snort, trailing towards the beer-bellied pirate, grasping his empty beer mug and heading towards the kitchen.

Music blossomed throughout the whole building as Francis fingered the tap, filling the mug and rolling his eyes. Oh, how he hated and missed this job at the same time. The blasted job that started this whole rabbit hole in the first place.

Sasha pushed past the employee doors, a bare mug in her hand as she exchanged a casual glare at Francis. "Are you happy with where you are? I mean, we didn't expect you to get far as you did."

He only blinked in response as Sasha slid a small hair strand behind her ear. "I mean, don't you wish things ended differently? That you weren't stuck in some bar and could be out on the ocean with some damsel?"

That's when his boisterous laugh filled the small room. His eyes sparkled as he finished filling Edward's mug. "A part of me is sad to be here on St. Pierre; however, I enjoyed the journey I went on, despite the dream not working out for me."

He swiveled on his high heeled black boots that Arthur had smuggled for him. "And besides, being a pirate isn't an occupation I could see myself being in for long. I make a shit sword fighter." Quoting what Arthur had told him brought down his glamorous smile as he gave Sasha a small shoulder pat.

"If you have a dream, go for it, don't regret any second." As he said this, the music in the bar faded out, Sasha craned her neck as she gave a scoff.

"If we have to replace the furniture again, the boss is going to have your head!"

"I don't think it is for me..." Teased Francis, fear silverlined his statement as he softly pushed past the employee door, his eyes looking for the newcomer... To no avail. I guess he'd have to serve him whenever he could find him or her.

He sat down Edward's mug and noticed a small silhouette sitting in darkness. A red hat accompanied by a giant feather pulled over his facial features. Fuck... This individual just HAD to sit in my section...

He tiptoed over until the small details on the new pirate became even more apparent. Red outfit. Giant hat. Fancy jabot tie. Black high heeled boots.

"Mon Dieu!!!" Francis exclaimed as he flipped up the stranger's hat, only to be met with familiar emerald green eyes and busy eyebrows. "You're back!!"

The Brit jumped out of his spot and swiftly hugged the ... Now same height Frenchman??? This was?? "Tell me it's the boots... Tell me you haven't grown to RIVAL my beautiful height."

"Would you like the truth or a lie?" The Brit asked, only getting met with a punch to the arm. "Your shift ending?"

Francis craned his neck to glance at Sasha who only yelled: "I better be your maid of honor at your wedding!" And turned to more tables. Arthur intertwined his fingers around Francis' and the two exited the bar.

The wind blew fallen leaves across the pavement as the two passed the busy streets of the island. They didn't say anything to one another as other people glanced, glared or happily ignored their presence. It felt... Odd to have Arthur back, considering he never had a chance to say goodbye when Arthur recovered and went back to England.