Ch.14

/Wonderful/

I got a text from our groupcht to come to the park.
I was on the way and someone rear-ended my car.
I stepped out to see the Hispanic guy's car from last week.

I checked to see the damage and I nearly passed out how that little hit does my baby like that.

"I'm so sorry mommy!"

"I'm not your damn mommy, how the hell you bump my shit like that."

"I'm sorry I really gotta go here's some cash hope this will cover it."
he quickly tossed me a brown bag then sped off. All the cars were honking so I tossed the bag in and drove to the park.

I undid my seatbelt and jumped at Joyce staring at me through my window.

"Dang girl what happened?!"

"I got in a car accident."

"Damn when."

"Today before I came."

"Shit you need to go to the hospital or-"

"Nah Joyce I'm good so why am I here?"

"Oh well before the rest of the group comes I need to talk to you so can we get in your car?"

"Sure."

"Okay..." she said playing with her hands she did that when she had bad news or was nervous.

"What is it I'm not gonna be mad-"

"I think Hakeem got me pregnant." she blurted. I was shocked I would say if I was but this didn't surprise me or faze me.

"Okay that's your business."

" It's my business?!" She said questioning.

"Yes, Joyce. You did an adult thing so you get it the consequence in return."

"What the fuck! Ryan is right about you."

"What are you tal-"

"Since nobody wants the ugly black girl you push us away. Trust me Atelia. Venessa doesn't bully you for your hair or skin, it's because you're just downright ugly!"

"Hold up are you serious right now?" I said my voice getting shaky along with my hands.

"Yes and you know what? Just go home. Clearly you're never gonna change." She said pointing at me up and down.

"Don't you ever try to miss me when I'm gone. Get out." I said low and two minutes later my door shut and I pulled off.

What is going on with me? What could I change to be better? Am I really just the ugly black girl!? Is what Venessa says true?

-

"Aye look at me." Jere said whipping my tears.

"Your friends ain't your friends if they got you thinking crazy shit like that."

"It hurts like I'm lost as if I should change or... I just don't know it's pushing me off because friends don't fight just to say how they really feel! Now I wasted my time with fake people for what?"