thirteen → the wedding

hi i apologize, this chapter is probably going to suck because i just couldn't think of how and what i wanted to make of this, but it needs to be included for a chapter im planning a bit later on.  also pls keep in mind i have never been to a wedding so idfk what happens. this is based on what I've seen in shows lol. but enjoy heh.

The Ellis house hold was crazier than ever this morning. Amidst all the drama that had taken over their lives the past month, the excitement surrounding Peter and Madeline's wedding was slightly overshadowed. But now that the wedding was hours away, everyone was freaking out. 

The house was currently filled with family members from all across the country. While most were staying in hotels nearby, Reagan and Wesley's grandma, Madeline's parents, and a few aunts and uncles were spending the night at the Ellis residence. Reagan and Wesley had to give up their bedrooms for the night. Naturally this meant Reagan had to crash at Ricky's, and Wes at - his now girlfriend - Tati's place. 

It was just last week that Reagan had asked Ricky to be her date to the wedding, and she was still cringing at the memory.

"So, um. Are you doing anything next weekend?" The brunette questioned nervously. Ever since she had admitted to herself that she had developed some-what of a crush on Ricky, things were slightly strange for the girl.

"Probably going to Big Red's at some point. He's always inviting me over to play video games," Ricky chuckled. "Why what's up?"

"Um, well. My dad and Madeline's wedding is on Saturday and Wes and I are allowed to bring a plus one. He's bringing his girlfriend Tatiana. And seeing as I'm single as hell, I was wondering if you'd wanna go with me?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?" The boy joked, playfully poking Reagan's sides.

"OH, uh no" she panicked, not understanding that Ricky was just joking. "I mean we'd be going as friends. And if you're busy that's fine too. I'll just figure something out. Or go alone. I mean that's always an--"

"Reagan, breathe." Ricky calmed down his rambling best friend. "I was just messing with you. Of course I'd love to go with you."

Reagan let out a small 'oh', before nodding. 

"Are you ok?"  Ricky furrowed his eyebrows. 

The girl just quickly nodded, before making an excuse about being late to class.

Truth be told, Reagan didn't know how to act around Ricky now. She definitely didn't want to tell him about her feelings because she knew he only saw her as a best friend. But she also wasn't sure how long she'd last bottling it all up.

"Hey sunshine, you almost ready?" Ricky asked, knocking on the guest bedroom door, breaking Reagan out of her thoughts. 

Last night, for the first time since the girl had met Ricky Bowen, she slept in the guest bedroom. Ricky was so confused as to why, hell even Mike Bowen was. But Reagan insisted that she needed a good nights sleep and no distraction. But in reality she just couldn't get into bed with Ricky knowing that things were no longer platonic for her.

"Uh yeah, just a minute." she mumbled, finishing the final touches on her hair and makeup. 

She had on a dark blue, floor length dress. The perfect maid of honor outfit. 

Grabbing her small purse and her phone, she made her way over to the bedroom door. Swinging it open startled Ricky, who was leaning behind it in his blue suit - to match his date.