eight → the sleepover

Reagan had been to plenty of sleepovers in her life, but she had never been the one to host them before. So to say she was nervous was an understatement. She wanted to make a good impression on the other girls.

That Tuesday, after school, she dragged Ricky to the nearest craft store with her to pick up the t-shirts the girls would be designing that night. All Ricky wanted to do was go home and play video games with Big Red, but instead he tagged along with Reagan - making her promise to talk to Nini about him that night.

"So what're these t-shirts even for?" he asked, his hand held out in front of them as Reagan placed each t-shirt into them.

"We're ironing on pictures. Remember I showed you that TikTok?"

The boy did not remember at all, but instead of starting a discussion on it, he just nodded. "Can you make me one?"

"Maybe," she shrugged, "What do you want?"

"OH I know," he exclaimed, pulling his phone out of his pocket and scrolling through his photo library. He flipped his phone around showing off an off-guard photo he had taken of Reagan this summer.

Reagan groaned, shoving the phone away from her face. "Stop that is so ugly. I am not putting that on a shirt Bowen."

He flashed the girl the best puppy dog eyes he could muster up. "Please!"

Reagan shook her head, grabbing the t-shirts from his hands and making her way over to the checkout line. All the while, Ricky was in hysterics constantly unlocking his phone to look at the picture.

――――――――

Later that evening, Ricky had gone back home after helping Reagan set everything up in her living room. Snacks, a playlist on Spotify, and a mental list of conversation starters if things got awkward.

One by one the girls arrived at Reagan's pillows and overnight bags in hand. Mads had helped her set up a couple of thick comforters, pillows and blankets in the basement - which is where Reagan had the girls drop their stuff.

"I am so ready to make these t-shirts," Kourtney grinned as she joined the circle the girls had formed.

Reagan clapped her hands excitedly, "So t-shirts are in there," she pointed to the plastic bag in the center of the circle. "I got the sizes you all texted me. And then here's my laptop to print out whatever picture you want to iron-on. Once you guys all hit print I can go get it from my Dad's office."

The girls cheered as Ashlyn reached over and dug through the t-shirts. Each girl had been handed their shirt, Gina being the last. "Hey Reagan, I think you accidentally bought an extra t-shirt."

Reagan shook her head, "Uh no, that's actually for Ricky," she said awkwardly. "He asked me to make him one." She quickly glanced up to get read on Nini's reaction to hearing that, but the girl seemed to have a solid poker face down.

"Oh god," Nora rolled her eyes playfully, "what does he want on it? Tony Hawk?" she giggled, causing the rest of the girls to laugh too.

"Actually," Reagan pursed her lips, "he wants this extremely ugly picture he took of me on it. I look repulsive so I definitely need to think of something else."

Ashlyn scoffed, "Shut up. It's impossible for you to ever look ugly." she flicked the brunette's shoulder. All the girls nodded in agreement, throwing compliments her way. Reagan began to get super awkward, and Nora took notice of this.

"SO," she smirked at the girl, "who's this cute brunette crush?" she asked the question all the girls had been dying to hear about.

"OOO yes!" Kourtney exclaimed, "Sis asking all the right questions." she high-fived Nora.