Chapter One// Stella *

Stella's POV

I was sent to a library.

Not a big deal, really... but it so happens to be the library. Greatest, largest and best on Earth.

And he expected me to find it on my own.

Thinking about the advisor only saddened me. Ripped off the family, the Organization. I brush the angry tears away and try to turn my attention to the map in my hands.

After turning it here and there, I was just about ready to give up and whip up the UPTracker before I realize I didn't have it anymore.

Frustration coursed through my veins. Why did they strip me of my identity... my belongings? It's as though they are rewarding my seventeen years of loyal service by kicking me out of the organization.

True--- I still got to keep some of my most treasured valuables. But they took away all of my cool agent gadgets... stuff I could never afford to replace.

I sigh and fold the map. Even at seventeen years of age, I am unaccustomed to the ways of the old time civilization. I close my eyes. If I were my usual Agent mode, I'd probably find a hundred ways to get on with Mission Impossible. With just a single command, the UPTracker (Ultimate Point Tracker) could track any point in the world. They told me not to worry, I will have no need to track down new locations in future, but it seems that they had not considered the fact that their best Agent, well, ex-Agent, could not do so until she fulfills the Organization's last command---

Locate the Library.

Well, that hadn't been the very final instruction issued, but it's the last place I would be ordered to go. It certainly sounded final when the advisor ordered me to stay there forever.

My heart weighed in my chest. Overhead, the sun scorched the concrete forest. I'm trapped in heat. If only that library would magically appear before my eyes... but technology and magic do not mix. One is fact, the other is fiction--- one of the motto's of the Organization, warning us to take heed of our surroundings.

They told me I would find the library where the vegetation dominates.

I guess the average person would approach a nice-looking stranger and ask for directions... but I guess there wasn't enough of me to divide and find an average.

Where is everyone? I frown, pulling down my shades. Yes, just shades. Normal sunglasses... why did they have to take away my SuperPowerShades? I miss the X-ray vision, the tracking device, and the tough-girl look I achieved while wearing them.

Still... I have my ways...

Ten minutes later, I'm standing in front of the most splendidly designed building I've laid my eyes on, which would also serve to be my home or prison for the next part of my life... depending on my fate.

At the moment... I face a problem: I can't find the way in.

To say the building is tall is an understatement. The library is one gigantic, towering bookshelf. Unlike the other buildings, this one does not have glass walls or glass doors. It's like the building is so secluded, any outside distractions... even light, will doom the readers.

I remember hearing stories about this building from my colleagues. I mean, former colleagues. The building only allows you to enter if you wish to enter to accomplish a wish or purpose. In other words, if the building doesn't like you, you won't be granted permission to enter. That's a fact. Probably the only way to get rid of those noisy, loud-mouthed people trashing the still library.