Chapter Thirty-One// Skye

Skye's POV 

Drip… drop… drip… drop…

Drowsy, barely conscious, I groan softly and shift my head a little to the right. I try to pry my eyes open, but my eye muscles work against my will, and the view from between my eyelids, and long lashes are distorted and inhumane, lurking, darkness, deeper, darker… sucking my very existence…

Then, suddenly… KER-THOMP!

The ground shook, and my eyes flew open in an instant.

“Aaahhh!” I jerked upwards, suddenly very awake. I blink my eyes slowly, like a reptilian animal, unsure of its environment.

“Whoa, there, girl.” A masculine voice exclaims suddenly. “Take it easy for now.”

Something cold and squishy pressed against my forehead and eyes, cutting off my sight. I suck in a breath of cool air, sharp, intoxicating and refreshing. Still, my mind moves against me, and I raise my arms to push off the cool pack pressing me down.

“Wh---what am I doing here?” I wonder, pressing my palms against the softest of sands, marvelling at it’s clear beauty, and push myself up into a sitting position.

That’s when I’m hit with the breath-taking view of my surroundings.

Overhead, a thousand and one stalactites, no, I predict they are a crystal of a type of inestimable worth dangles in cylindrical-like structures, spiralling downwards, barely touching the top of my head. Mesmerized, I hold out a hand, and gingerly trace the exquisite patterns of the lavish blue-purple crystal.

For once in my life, I’m rendered speechless.

Spellbound, I crawled to my feet, taking a slow breath, just standing there, slowly rotating in the same spot, watching the  thousands of blue-purple crystal formations, catching and re-catching my breath, the beauty and allurness of the structures flit lightly through my mind, stopping to tap into my brains nerves and senses, trying to grasp onto any sense of reality, but meeting failure to do so.

Drawing a long breath, I put one foot out in front of me, sinking and slipping a little as the soft sand dissolves beneath my shoe. Uncertainty marks my mind as I wander around the cave, watching the aura-like glow being thrown off from each crystal onto another, onto the cave walls, illuminating and coating everything in a blue-purple light.

My keen senses pick up a cool tinkling of water dripping down the sides of the walls, like soft, soothing tunes of the lullaby being played out by the sweet and lively little fairy, drip-dropping down the sides of the cave walls in a little harmonious melody, tranquilizing to the senses.

The mystical light flecks off from the crystal spiralling from the ceiling, onto the water, illuminating the place in a magical sheen of pure charm that even technology would never be able to refine.

All of this has put a smile on my face, a wistfulness snatching hold of my heart, the longing to escape, to tear away from the horrible world and dive into one so magical, so alluring and calm, full of restedness, away from all the technology that suddenly seemed insignificant in comparison.

“Where did you bring me?” Look, Skye has finally found her voice.

A figure materializes beside me, and it’s like I’m experiencing a whole different kind of attractiveness all over again.

Tall and defined, his build is slender, almost graceful, but my mind readjusts my thoughts as he carelessly lifts his hand to push off a strand of crystals. He is not just slender, but well built, attractively muscled and, well, to the utmost perfection. I stare unbelieving at him until he comes to a rest in front of me, gazing into his deep blue eyes, two reflecting pools of blue and purple.