New Prologue!! *Please Read*

Attention Readers! I've decided to go back and edit every single chapter of this book, starting from the start. I've realized that many situations needed to be altered to fit into my current plot, while others... well, they needed a complete makeover.

As for the prologue, I'll be uploading it into the initial chapter, so you could view it there, but I've decided to place it up here for a month or so until all my current readers have read it, then I will take it down as to not confuse future readers. So... without further ado, I present to you, the new and completely re-written prologue!

Major changes: The one running the Organization that Stella worked in is not called 'Alpha' anymore. I changed it to CO--- Commanding Officer. Please take note of that, I will try to change it in as many chapters as I can find.

*Please note that it's written in a mysterious person's point of view, so you have to be guessing as you read it, so... oh, well. Try to guess who the character is! Hint: It's someone you haven't read in first person point of view before.

___________________________________

Mysterious Person's POV

"She holds the key. Understand--- yours, and our problems won't be resolved unless you accept my offer."

"Of the girl?" I click my tongue in disgust. "Sorry--- but we can't take anymore." I say, emphasizing my will with a firm shake of my head.

"There have been too many incidents of late... too many unpreventable deaths. I'm sure you are familiar with the poor refugees that none of us--- all of our effort combined, even--- could locate. You don't want your family in further danger, do you?" My client reclines in the leather chair at my table, a grim look on his slightly distinguished face.

"And I'm sure you are equally familiar with how the patterns occur, the trends. The cycle can't possibly be prevented... especially not by what you have suggested. It's too late, we can't afford to take her in." I rose, a sigh escaping my lips.

The cold stone walls loom darkly all around. Another factor increasing to my impending urge to rise up from the depths and seek the sunlight... For the moment, I'm buried deep in these tunnels of oppression. Yet, ironically, to the majority of the population, this is their saving grace, their shadow of refuge.

Shaking my head, I wave my hand, dismissing my client. He frowns, and doesn't make a move for the door. A shadow crosses his face as he tilts his head to stare at me. There was a glint of steeliness in his expression that made me second guess this man's objectives. Suddenly, I became all too aware of the impending risks in our given situation.

"I see you are hesitating my offer. Very well. Let me offer you a better deal. The girl has to be given a space--- I insist upon that. In return, you will cut off all our connections our ancestors had made in the past. I've planted enough suggestions in your head. And you, I'm sure, are already fed up with having to deal with our problems. The best way is---"

"A Disconnection?" I was thrown off track. How could he even have thought of that? I was too stunned to think about anything else. "After all those links we build up? How are you suggesting we do that?"

"Oh, the process is quite simple, actually, though I've never tried, of course." He says, not looking in the least disgruntled. "Only thing is... there Curse will always find a way to backfire on us."

"Which is why it's never been done before." I answered dryly. "And I won't do it this time."

"Oh, nonsense." He chastised. "We can't keep up this link any longer. I already feared for the worst. There is nothing more to be said about this matter. Keep the girl and let us move on. You are, after all, indebted to us. Don't tell me that you don't know who we are talking about. Our whole Organization knows you took in that boy."