17

I SPAT ON the boy who I just confessed to liking

I could not believe myself. If I thought pretending that he was my boyfriend and taking him by surprise was bad enough, this was way worse. I wanted to throw myself off the planet if it was possible.

But Noah laughed. Oh my god, did he laugh.

"You are adorable, Aliyah West," he said as he laughed some more.

"What the fuck, Noah Scott?" I said as I handed him a tissue. My actions were completely justified. Maybe not the spitting part but definitely being a very surprised part. "You were not supposed to confess now. This was my moment, for fuck's sake."

"I am sorry," he chuckled as he wiped his face. "I'll be just in the bathroom. Give me a minute to clean up," he said and I got up, following him. My mind was swirling. His words hadn't yet sunk in  but on my way, it was all I could think about.

It felt surreal. My plan had been to confess and just move forward wherever we would be able to go. But this changed things.

My heart fluttered in my chest and I didn't almost hear Noah.

"Aliyah?" he repeated and I looked at him dumbly.

"What?" I echoed.

"Eh, you want to follow me in the bathroom?" he asked and while he sounded innocent, his smirk was anything but.

I was determined not to embarrass myself any further. I had done so enough to last me a lifetime.

"Yes. It's a common bathroom. I don't see how that's a problem?" I asked, hoping my voice didn't waver. My embarrassment had crossed new heights today and I knew it would be another great incident that Jay would find very funny. Oh god, the thought of telling him made me squirmy. He would never let this go.

"Right," he said amusedly as he opened the tap and splashed the water on his face. He took out his own handkerchief and wiped his face. Because I didn't want to come off any more creepy than I already had and because I was still determined to make it through today without embarrassing myself any further, I busied myself with my phone.

When he was done, I finally let my eyes wander back to him. The neckline of his t-shirt was drenched and so were some strands of his hair. I didn't even think before reaching over and pushing them back.

"You like me," I echoed what he had said earlier.

"Yeah," he breathed, his eyes falling shut at my touch. His breath was fanning my hand and suddenly, we were so close. My phone pinged and while Noah's eyes stayed on me, my eyes drifted down to my phone.