13

AFTER I HAD SHOWERED, I found a t-shirt on the bed

AFTER I HAD SHOWERED, I found a t-shirt on the bed. It was a blue colored t-shirt with a collared neckline. Judging by the size and the smell of the t-shirt, it was Noah's. 

I quickly threw it on and breathed in the familiar smell. It faintly felt like it was Noah who was wrapping me in his arms and I felt safe inside the t-shirt. There was no way in hell that I would be returning this piece of clothing. It was to stay with me. 

When I emerged from the room, I found Noah humming to the song as he used an electric blender to whip the cream. I sauntered over to him and peeked over his shoulder to see the content of the bowl. The cream looked nearly done and the bread's smell was wafting in the kitchen. 

Despite thinking that carrot cake wouldn't be as good as any other cake, the smell was working its way to prove me wrong. It smelled delicious and my mouth watered. 

"I might like the cake, after all," I said jokingly because I knew I would definitely like the cake. 

"Remove the might. You are absolutely going to like the cake," he said, echoing my thoughts.

The timer on the oven went off and I grabbed the glove. After pulling it on my hand, I took out the container from the over. Poking it with a knife, I checked if the batter had completely been baked or not. The knife went in and out smoothly and I set the container aside to let it cool down. 

Noah was still humming the song as he finished the cream. He covered the bowl and crossed his arms. His gaze finally drifted to me and for a millisecond, I had the pleasure to see how his eyes widened when he realized I was wearing his shirt. I wouldn't say that the t-shirt looked good on me but it definitely did. 

"Had fun?" I echoed his words, ones that he had said to me a while ago. 

"Mhmm," he hummed. He grinned at me lazily, his head tilted slightly.

Despite the laugh that spilled past my lips and the confident stance I was practicing, my cheeks still tinted red. 

The song on the speaker switched to a softer one and Noah smiled. His smile was the same as the one that had been on his face when he talked about his mom--fond and nostalgic. 

"It's the song that I learned salsa on," he mentioned as he looked over at me, seeing me a little confused. "I have quite fond memories with this song." 

"You learned salsa?" I repeated dumbly. I wasn't sure why it came as a surprise because I knew people were more than they met the eye. Nobody would look at me and think that this girl learned karate for over a year. But even then, knowing that I couldn't imagine Noah being someone who learned salsa.