Hell

I've lost track of time. We've been in this dank basement for days. I still haven't seen my brothers, it's just been me and Romeo, alone in this hell. We've been starved, beaten, interrogated, anything you could think of.

"Jen, Jen wake up." Romeo's frantically waking me from my last knock-out. "Jem, someone's coming."

I open my eyes just as someone comes through the door.

"Jen, you're crying," Romeo tells me. I quickly wipe my tears.

When will this ever end?

"Hmmm," the man says. "I wonder if you're really as feisty as they say." He nods to the two men who followed him in. They grab Romeo and drag him toward the opposite wall. Knowing what's about to happen, I scoot backwards until my back hits the wall. He crouches down and puts his face close to mine.

"Now, you're going to tell me what I want to know, or we're going to start having some real fun." I can hear Romeo yelling from the other side of the room. One of the other men hits him. For the first time in says, I'm actually scared.

No, terrified.

"I'd rather die." He laughs.

He grabs my throat and pushes me against the wall.

"I was hoping you'd say that." He pushes me against the wall harder and starts sliding his hand up my thigh.

"No, please, God, no!" I start crying.

"Shh, it's gonna be ok." His hand slides up and starts to unbutton my jeans as he kisses my neck. I turn my head to see Romeo crying as well.

Just as this man slides his hand down my pants, gunshots. His blood explodes all over my face. I scream. Two more gunshots. I'm hysterical, the strong front I put up, completely torn down. I'm screaming, crying.

"Jen! Jen, are you ok?"

"Connor?" I calm down and open my eyes. Sure enough, Connor's crouched over me, the biggest look of concern I've ever seen etched across his face. I jump up and wrap my arms around his neck, sobbing.

"Come on, let's get out of here," Murphy says, Romeo draped over his shoulders. Connor pushes me back and looks me over. When his eyes reach my jeans, he looks me in the face with questioning eyes. I simply shake my head. He nods and pulls me to my feet.

When we finally find our way out of this maze of a building, the sunlight blinds us.

"Payphone," I say, pointing down the street.

"I don't know about you, but I don't have any change on me," Murphy counters.

"I do." I reach into my bra and pull out a bunch of quarters. "You won't believe what these men drop while they beat the shit out of you," I say to the strange looks.

Connor enters the booth and calls Smecker's safe house. After finding somewhere to hide, I hear my truck pull up. Eunice hops out of the driver's seat.

"Oh Jen, deary, are you alright?" She then sees my jeans, which I have yet to fix. "Oh no, honey, what did they do to you?"

"Nothing, nothing, they didn't touch me. Let's just get the hell out of here." We get in the truck and leave.