Back to Hell

It's been a month since I rescued the boys. So far, they've shown me nothing short of respect. They excepted the fact I was a Baptist as opposed to Catholic watched a few of the Facebook lives from my church on Sunday mornings. They even helped me around the ranch.

I still hadn't told them my secret, and it was tearing me apart. We hadn't seen or heard from Smecker and Eunice since they left.

Until it was time for our first job.

"So here's the plan," Eunice explained, sitting cross-legged on my couch. "They've transferred Romeo out of Hoag. They thought it best if he ended up as far as possible from Boston. Everyone suspects you're hiding there."

"Where'd they move him?" I ask.

"Grady County. Oklahoma. I believe you know this place?"

How could I not? That place haunted my memories every day.

"Yes. I grew up there. In the same town the prison is in. Chickasha. That's not really as far as possible though."

"It's the farthest they could find with an opening. Now, you obviously can't fly, so you'll have to drive. It's about a four day drive-"

"Two." I interrupt.

"Pardon?"

"I can make it there in two. I did it when I moved up here."

"Well, two then. When you get there, you'll need somewhere to stay. Jen?"

"No friends there. I cut all ties to that place. Well, they cut me. But I do know some good hotels."

"That works. This should do until you get back," she tosses a wad of cash on the coffee table. "Now, Romeo is well enough to travel, so here's the plan." She explains the plan, leaving out no details.

"Eunice, Smecker, after all your time working with these two, you still fail to remember one key detail."

"And what would that be?" Smecker asks. He leans forward with his elbows on his knees, obviously amused.

"When the MacManus brothers are involved, nothing goes according to plan."

Eunice let's out a small laugh.

"Well if that ain't the truth! Now, we should probably let y'all pack. I guess we'll see y'all in a few days?"

They leave and the boys start to make their way to the bedrooms.

"Wait a moment. Leave out anything you'll need tonight or in the morning. We'll leave after breakfast." With that I go to my room to pack.

(-)

The drive to Satan's State wasn't horrible. We all took turns driving, so it really only took a day and a half. When we arrived in Chickasha, we chose a motel to stay in and got some rest. The next day, we prepared.