Chapter 21

Y/n's eyes flutter open.

God dammit my head-

She brings her hand up to rub her temples only to be shot with excruciating pain in her back.

Ah shit! What the f-

"Why the hell am I on the floor? Why the hell am I wearing Race's shirt? And where the hell are my pants?" Y/n asks the rest of the boys (who were all in the same rough shape as her), as she sits up on the floor.

"Honestly n/n, I don't rememba much from last night." Crutchie states as he walks over to the girl and sticks out a hand for her to grab.

She takes it and pulls her self up.

She gets really dizzy.

Oh- goin down-

Her legs collapse from under her as she grabs the boys shoulders for support.

He holds her waist with his free hand.

He chuckles at the girl and pulls her in for a hug.

"Well I feel like shit so something must have happened." She explains, looking around at the boys, well the ones that weren't in the bathroom throwing up-

Wait-

Her expression drops as she sprints to the bathroom, slamming the, last open, stall door open and throwing up into the toilet.

She hears the door creak open from behind her.

"Maybe all that alcohol wasn't such a good idea..." Specs chuckles as he crouches down next to the girl and holds her hair back.

She laughs.

"Hey at least we had fun... I think..." They laugh again.

Last night was a bit fuzzy for most of the newsies.

Y/n makes her way out of the stall and walks over to the sink to brush her teeth quick.

She then walks over to Race.

She hugs him from behind, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Any idea how I ended up in ya shirt Racer?" She giggles.

He turns in her grasp, wrapping his arms around the girls frame.

"I think ya just wanted it." He laughs and smiles, looking down at the girls face.

She smiles back.

"Oh. Yeah. Well I'm gonna wear it today. It smells like you." She says plainly, releasing him from her grip and ventures to find her pants.

He blushes and smiles, remembering the moment she took the shirt from him last night.

~

Y/n found her pants- halfway down the stairs lying on a step-

Oh there you are.

She runs back up the stairs, pants in hand, and skips over to her bunk.

She puts her pants on and grabs her boots and hat.

Welp- good morning New York.
(GOOD MORNING BALTIMOREEE)

The boys all make their way out of the lodging house, slower than usual.

- time skip -

"How was last night n/n?" Davey asks, as they walk side by side to their usual selling spot.