Chapter 17

A/n- okay so who's your favorite so far in the story? Bc if I'm being honest I have no idea who y/n is gonna end up with.... anyways, enjoy!

~

Y/n and Davey walk through the door.

Davey heads to Les's room to check on him and
y/n heads to the bathroom to brush her teeth and get ready for bed.

They meet back in the main room.

"Alright Davey. Are you ready to read the greatest book of all time?" She asks dramatically, holding the book out in front of her.

"I don't know y/n, are you?" He asks, grabbing the book off the table.

They exchange the books and sit on the bed.

They lay down, side by side, both on their stomachs. They start reading.

~

Davey shifts. He rolls over and lays on his back,  holding the book above his face. He bends his legs so his knees stick up in the air.

He feels the girl shift from next to him.

Then he feels her lay her head on his chest.

"You are my new pillow." She says. She props her book against his thighs and rests her hand on his stomach, right on his belly button. (B e l l y b u t t o n)

He suddenly gets flustered. He blushes brightly.

He can't focus on his book anymore.

His mind clouds with thoughts of her.

She's so close to me.

He keeps glancing at the girl.

The silence in the room slowly kills Davey.

The only sound is the turning of the pages.

She moves again.

She turns her body, now facing the boy. She wraps her arm around his torso, cuddling him closer. She holds the book up, resting the bottom of it on the bed, and holding the top with her free hand.

He stares at her gorgeous face, studying her every feature.

He can't pay attention to anything else. All his attention is on the beautiful girl in front of him.

He can't take anymore of it.

With a swift motion he closes his book and sits up.

The girls head falls into his lap, looking up at him. She looks at him confused.

"What's wro-"

"I think I love you." He interrupts, plainly. He shows no emotion.

She sits up.

She looks into his eyes.

"I-" he cuts her off again, this time by grabbing her face, and smashing his lips into hers.

She tenses but slowly melts into the kiss.

She kisses back.

She doesn't know why, but she does.

I guess- Maybe I'm just tired of always pushing them away.

The kiss intensifies.

He pulls the girl onto his lap. He wraps his arms around her back pulling her closer as she tangles her fingers into his hair.

They pull away to catch their breath.

"I uh" she can't find the words.

"I'm sorry." He says.

"No I'm sorry." She replies.

She sits back and rests her head in her hands.

God dammit why is it that every time I get kissed I cry. This is starting to get old.

The tears start falling down her face.

"Oh my god- y/n I am so sorry. Please don't cry. It's my fault." He stammers, hurrying to her side and pulling her into a hug.

"Please don't cry." He whispers.

She crawls into his lap as he rocks her back and forth.

"I'm just so c-confused right now." She says, tugging at his shirt.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make things more confusing, I just- I couldn't help it anymore." He says, trying to explain.

"No it's not you. It's me." She whispers. He holds her closer.

They lay down and he wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. She lays on next to him, laying her head on his chest.

She listens to his steady heart beat and drifts off into a deep sleep.

~

"Hehehe" Davey wakes up to quiet giggling.

He looks over and sees Les staring at him.

He looks down to see a sleeping y/n on top of him. He blushes and glares at Les.

"Oh shut it Les!" He whisper yells.

"Wait till I tell Cowboy about this! He'll definitely get a kick out of it!" He says excitedly.

Davey's stomach drops.

He starts panicking.

"Les no! You can't tell Jack! Please? Whatever you do don't. tell. Jack." He begs the boy, remembering what happened to Race.

Les puts a finger to his chin to indicate that he's thinking.

"It's gonna cost ya." The younger boy says smirking.

David rolls his eyes. He lifts up the girl so he can get up and then sets her back onto the bed.

"What's your price?"

"I want to know everything that happened." He smirks evilly.

Davey's face drops. That little-

"Fine. You really wanna know? Nothing. Nothing happened." He said walking over to the chair and grabbing the clothes he left out the night before.

"Hmm I wonder if Jack would like to hear that you slept with y/n. I wonder-"

"Fine! We kissed. Are you happy?"

Les's face lights up.

"Oh boy! Does that mean you and y/n are together? Wow this is great!" He says excitedly.

"No Les. It means things... are complicated." He says, his tone dropping at the end.

Les looks down. "Oh..."

The room is silent for a few seconds before they hear a soft voice call out from the corner of the room, "good morning."

Y/n sits up and smiles tiredly at the boys.

"Mornin y/n!" Les shouts running over to the girl and jumping onto the bed, engulfing her into a hug.

She hugs back.

"Well you seem better!" She giggles.

"Yeah I feel so much better! I think I'm ready to start sellin again today!" He says proudly.

"Really now? Well that's good to hear, cause I missed my selling partner." She smiles, glancing up at Davey, and then back down at Les again.

"Well, I think it's time for me to get out of bed." She says, pulling back the blankets and climbing out of the bed.

She stretches and then makes her ways to the bathroom.

Davey smiles at the girl.

He looks over to see a smirking Les.

"Oh shut up." Davey scoffs.