Chapter 9

After a few minutes the two were finished and y/n walked back over to Skittery.

She sits down next to him, noticing he's distant.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She asks looking at him.

He looks at her. "What? Oh! N-nothing!" He stutters.

She looks at him more serious. He avoids eye contact. "Seriously Skits. Are you feeling okay?" She reaches up and sets her hand on his forehead and sliding it down to his cheek, checking for a temperature.

He blushes.

"I'm fine, I guess I'm just tired. We should probably head back. Y'know ta check on Race." He says making an excuse.

She's skeptical, but agrees. She gets up, says bye to Medda, and then the two head out.

~

"Hey Race how ya feelin?" She asks walking over to him and sitting next to him on the bunk. She examines his swollen eye.

It's near black and he is not even able to open.

If breaks her heart.

"I'm feeling bet-" SLAP

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING FIGHTING JACK? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN DO THAT? I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TWO? I CAN BARELY EVEN LOOK AT YOU OR JACK!" She yells at him, getting off the bed and pacing.

Skittery walks over and rubs her back.

Race looks at her completely dumbfounded. She slapped me!

She walks over to him again. "Me and Skits skipped out on a perfectly good day that we could be selling so that I could take care of you after you and Jack were STUPID!" She stammers and walks over to him.

She calms down a bit. "I'm just happy your okay." She says looking at him sympathetically.

She looks at him and then at Skits and then storms out of the room.

"It wasn't my fault." Race mumbles. "Why'd ya fight in da first place man?" Skits asks.

"I don't know! Jack I guess was threatened by me or somethin. He's definitely got the hots for her." Race says, mumbling again towards the end, a knot forming in his stomach.

Skittery feels his heart drop.

~

Y/n makes her way downstairs, hearing commotion from the lobby. The boys must be home.

She walks the rest of the way down the stairs.

"Hey boys!" She smiles at them.

Then her eyes land on him.

Jack.

Her smile drops and she storms over to him.

She balls her fist and makes contact with his face. He stumbles back.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!" She screams, charging at him again, but feels arms grab her from behind restraining her.

"DAVEY LET. ME. GO." She screams squirming in his arms. He drops to his knees bringing her with him. He hugs her tighter trying to calm her down. She keeps screaming and kicking and eventually just breaks down and cries.