Chapter Twenty Six

·

Months and months went by and Roic kept having trouble trying to find the couple. Every time he caught a trace of them, they would disappear again. He kept it quiet from Mad Eye, his boss with the staff, as he knew the second he knew, Roic would lose his life. But his luck was about to change as Mr Pevensie's tour of America was coming to a close, meaning it was time for the family and Jasmine to go back to England.

Jasmine couldn't wait to get home and see the other siblings and Kate again. She needed to know exactly what they got up to in Narnia.

"Ah, smell that English air, Pete." Jasmine said as they exited the plane via the stairs, wrapping her arms around his neck from behind.

"I smell it and all I smell is rain." He replied as they got to the bottom of the steps. He looked up and saw the clouds forming above them.

"Be honest, Peter. You've missed the drab weather." Mr Pevensie said, taking his wife's hand as they walked into the airport. Peter didn't reply, instead putting his arm around Jasmine. They walked through the airport, collected their luggage then went towards the exit. What they didn't expect to see was Lucy, Edmund, Kate, The Professor and a boy Jasmine could only guess was Eustace, standing and waiting for them.

"Hey mum!" Lucy waved, a big smile on her face. Mrs Pevensie didn't hesitate to rush over and pull her kids into a hug, with Mr Pevensie joining in quickly after.

"Professor!" Jasmine smiled wide and went over to hug him. "How come you're here?"

"I couldn't pass off the opportunity to welcome you home." He told her. "So, how was America?"

"Good. Really good." She replied.

"Good, good." He nodded.

"So no hug for me then?" Kate spoke from the side, making Jasmine go over and wrap her arms around her.

"How are you?" Jasmine asked as they parted.

"I'm good. Missed you though."

"Missed you too. Sorry I left you with Edmund for a long period of time." Jasmine said and Kate laughed.

"It's okay. I kinda like him." Kate replied. "Also, this is Eustace." Kate nodded to the boy next to her, and the boy gave a nod to Jasmine.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Eustace said, bowing to Jasmine.

"Oh, you don't have to do that." Jasmine told him, which seemed to surprise him.

"You told me I needed to." Eustace said to Kate.

"It's called a lie, Eustace." Kate told him with a smirk on her face.

"How very rude of you to do that." Eustace replied, and Jasmine couldn't hold down her smile.

"We'll talk about your little adventure another time." Jasmine said to the two and gave Kate wink before going over to Edmund and Lucy, who were greeting their siblings whilst the parents talked to the professor. "Can I join?" She asked, and Peter pulled her into him by her hand. "Guessing I can."

"We've missed you the most, Jas." Lucy wrapped her arms around Jasmine then swapped places with her brother.

"Harsh." Peter muttered.

"You two need to stop growing otherwise you'll be bigger than me." Jasmine said as Edmund let her go.

"Here's hoping." Lucy crossed her fingers.

"Alright kids, you ready to go home?" Mr Pevensie came over and said.

"Yes. I'm tired." Jasmine replied, resting her head on Peter's shoulder.