Chapter Eight

15 years went past in Narnia, and the Pevensie siblings reigned for every one of those years with Jasmine by their side. But now they were much older and wiser, making a life for themselves in Cair Paravel. The past few years had been hard on Jasmine, as her father's visits dwindled from the first time. He came back mainly for her birthdays, but soon disappeared from them too. She worried for him everyday, and felt hurt he hadn't visited for over 4 years. He showed in her dreams sometimes, letting her know he was okay and that he would be back soon. She had to trust that he was out there doing some good and that he would get to her eventually.

"It just doesn't look right." Jasmine told the soldiers who were trying to help her put a painting up in her room.

"Not to be a pain, your majesty." One of the soldiers said. "But we've been here for an hour. Can we at least take a break?"

"Oh. I'm so sorry, I didn't realise it had been that long."

"Knock knock." A voice said behind the door, making Jasmine roll her eyes.

"Just come in, Peter." She said. Peter strolled in, a hand behind his back. Not only did his body grow but so did his beard and hair. Jasmine liked him with a beard very much.

"Sorry. You still busy?"

"No. Actually, just have the day off painting placing and go to your posts." She said to the soldiers, who nodded in relief and set the painting down before leaving the room.

"You still don't know where to put the painting?" Peter asked, strolling over to her.

"You know what I'm like. It looks nice in one place but I try another just in case and it always looks better than the last place." She said and Peter chuckled.

"Maybe these will help." He pulled a bunch of flowers from his back, all different shapes and colours.

"You know you can bring me back more than flowers, right?"

"Yes. But I know you like it when I bring you flowers." He said, making her take the flowers and smell them.

"How was the meeting then?" She asked, placing the flowers into a vase that was on a table nearby.

"Same as all the others. Which means we have some free time before dinner. Care to join Edmund, Susan, Lucy and Peter on a little hunting trip?"

"How can I resist that face?" She squeezed his cheeks and pressed a kiss to his lips before going to grab her crossbow.

"I was also thinking that after dinner we could take a walk." He suggested, grabbing his sword to attach to his hip.

"I'd like that. But we're not allowing Beaver to come with us. You remember last time."

"That was my fault and again I am sorry. How can you ever forgive me?" He joked, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Call it an early night and you're forgiven." She said, adjusting the crown that was on his head, the same crown she had put on him 15 years ago. He was much smaller then.

"An early night? In the middle of the week? Oh, Princess you woo me so." He smiled, trailing kisses to her neck. She giggled and pushed him off, heading out of the room. Peter sighed as he watched her leave, and quickly checked one of his draws in his bedside table. The small box was hidden under pages of letters from different kingdoms. He breathed a sigh of relief knowing it was still there.

"Peter, you coming?" Jasmine shouted, making him slam the draw shut and follow her out.

They met up with the rest of the siblings at the stables and each took a horse, before heading out. They quickly spotted a deer and chased after it, kicking their horses to quickly catch up with it.