Chapter Fifteen

The next day was coronation day for Caspian, and everyone from Narnia and Telmare joined to watch the new king be crowned. It was a similar affair to when the siblings were crowned, but a bit more focused on one person.

"Everyone rise for your new king." Aslan announced to the room. As everyone stood, Caspian knelt down allowing Jasmine to place his crown on his head. Caspian then stood straight and the two bowed to each other. "Long live King Caspian!"

"Long live King Caspian!" The room cheered, clapping for their new king.

The siblings and Jasmine joined the new King to parade through the streets of Narnia on horses, heading towards the castle that used to be Mariaz's, but was now Caspian's. Crowds lined the streets of Narnia to cheer on their new king, and when night fell, a feast was had to celebrate.

Jasmine was sat talking with Peter and Caspian, when she saw her father waiting by the door. He gave her a smile and she excused herself from the boys to walk over to him.

"Would now be a good time for that talk you wanted?" Aslan asked her, and she nodded. She gave one last look to Peter, who was in conversation with Caspian, before she was led towards the room she was occupying with Peter for the time being. "Before you start there's something I need to explain to you, considering the Pevensie's."

"What is it?" She asked, taking a seat on a nearby stool.

"Peter and Susan have learned what they can from this world, and tomorrow they will return to their own. And they won't be able to return." He explained, and Jasmine realised her dilemma had become even more important to sort out. "Lucy and Edmund will return, but only once more. I know the dilemma that has been going on in your head, dear one. Just because I wasn't around doesn't mean I don't know you. And I will tell you now, you must leave with them." Jasmine head shot up in surprise.

"But dad-"

"No, buts. Those siblings mean the world to you and I know that if you stayed, you wouldn't be happy. Narnia is safe with Caspian as King. Which I know was one of the things you worried about if you did leave."

"I can't leave you." Jasmine shook her head and knelt in front of him, stroking his mane.

"You can visit whenever you want. I would never shut you out. And remember what I said; I'll always be with you and I'll do what I can to make sure even in two different worlds, I'll always be there for you." Aslan said, but he could see her mind was still wrestling with itself. And he could also see what she truly wanted but was scared to admit to it because of what others may think. "Jasmine, you love those siblings like family. And you love Peter with all your heart. You need to follow your heart and be happy." Aslan told her.

Caspian and Trumpkin's words from a few days ago ran through her head and leaned her one way. Although she loved Narnia, she couldn't see a life without Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy in it. Tears began to blur her eyesight, and after giving in, she hugged her father with all she had.

"I will always love you, dear one. And I'm so sorry I've been a terrible father to you."

"A terrible father?" She asked as she pulled away. "You saved me when you sent me to the Professor. You saved me when you attacked the Witch during the war. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have those siblings in my life. And I wouldn't have Peter. No father's perfect. There is no such thing, dad."

"I  know. Oh, Jasmine. Your mother would be so proud of you." Aslan said, which made Jasmine begin to sob. "As am I. You go and be happy with Peter, and live a happy life."