Chapter Six

Jasmine arrived at the camp just in time to see The White Witch being carried in, sitting on a thrown with her people around her. The Narnian's hated the sight of her and shouted insults as loud as they could. But The Witch held her head up high and ignored every word thrown at her. Aslan stood near his tent, waiting for the Witch to set herself back down on the ground. She was then placed down, allowing her stand and start to walk towards Aslan. The siblings stood with Jasmine to the side, watching and waiting for what was to happen next.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan." Jadis, The White Witch spoke. Edmund tensed up, knowing full well it was him she was talking about.

"His offence was not against you." Aslan told her.

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?"

Aslan growled angrily at her. "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch. I was there when it was written." He spat.

"Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property." She said, making Peter take out his sword and point it to her. Jasmine's eyes widened at the action.

"Try and take him then." Peter warned, prompting fauns behind them to also take out their swords. Jasmine placed her hand on the handle of her sword, ready to take it out if need be.

"Do you really think that mere force will deny me my right, little king?" Jadis mocked. "Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water." She turned to the crowd, who gasped and began to whisper. "That boy-" She pointed to Edmund, making Jasmine narrow her eyes at the witch "-will die. On the Stone Table, as is tradition." Jasmine looked to her father, hoping he would do anything to keep Edmund alive. "You dare not refuse me."

"Enough. I shall talk with you alone." Aslan made his way into his tent, hesitantly followed by Jadis. Jasmine stayed back, as she knew if anyone could save Edmund's life it would be her father.

But their talk seemed to go on forever, making the kids resort to sitting on the ground and playing with the grass to bide their time. Eventually, Jadis emerged from the tent, making Jasmine and the siblings stand. Jasmine watched as Jadis eyed Edmund, then continued walking to her throne. Aslan appeared from the tent, catching Jasmine's attention.

"She has renounced her claim on the son of Adam's blood." Aslan announced, making everyone cheer.

"How do I know your promise will be kept?" Jadis shouted back. Aslan then roared loudly, making her fall back into her seat. The crowd laughed and cheered, and the siblings hugged their brother. Jasmine was happy too, but for some reason, she felt something was wrong.

--

Once night fell, Jasmine and the boys were able to get some well earned sleep. But in another tent laid Susan and Lucy, and unlike their siblings, they struggled to fall asleep.

"Susan!" Lucy whispered from her bed. Susan awoke, and they both saw a shadow of what looked like Aslan walking past their tent. Lucy threw the covers off herself and jumped up to grab her cloak and then a light, with Susan following.  They stepped outside and walked to the back, able to see Aslan walking up the hill. Alone. The girls decided to follow him, leaving their brothers and Jasmine back at the camp. They hid themselves behind trees and watched Aslan. He walked slowly, his head down. They followed him a bit more before they all stopped in their tracks.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed?" Aslan asked sadly, making them come out from behind a tree.

"We couldn't sleep." Lucy said, walking towards Aslan.