𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

"I'm sorry, Mai!"
"It's literally fine, Jin."
Maiko sat on the floor of the training gym, letting her friend patch up a cut Jin had accidentally cut into her arm.
Y/N picked up the playing card from the floor and ran her finger over the dull edge.
Jin pressed his mouth into a thin line as he took it from her hands.

"I should probably practice that move more," he chuckled, moving the card between his fingers. Y/N nodded while watching him flip it up in the air and catch it with the other hand.
"Did Aizawa catch you?"
Jin smiled while shaking his head.
"Nope. Tomo fixed the door before he saw it. Also, it turns out she doesn't care about that watch."
Y/N slapped his arm, making him drop the card. She chuckled as he whined, declaring that she hurt him badly.

"I'm sorry for dragging you to my heist, Y/N. Didn't know you were so sensitive," he bent down to her ear and whispered. Her palm warmed up from the lights of the room and she raised it up to rest upon his head of short messy hair.
"I'm not sensitive, Jinny."
"General Studies students are always sensitive. If you don't want to sneak out with me again, you just gotta say it."
He felt her hand getting hotter, so he took his finger and dug the nail into her cheek.

"Unless you want to admit that playing around with a hero course student is fun. What do you think, Y/N?" He drew his finger across her cheek, cutting a small slit in her skin. After taking his hand away, his nail dulled and he pulled away from her hand, which was turning pink.
"A person with a quirk like yours, willingly going to the course you're in, it means you're very sensitive. I just don't mess with that street. I'm too old for you, sweetie."
He walked back over to Maiko, reassuring that she was okay.

Y/N stood and watched, small droplets of blood dripping down her cheek from the cut Jin had made on her.
The word sensitive replayed over and over in her mind. So much so, that she couldn't get rid of it.

Shinso stood in the doorway, confusion racing around him as he looked in the room.
"Who is that?"
Aizawa tied up his hair while Shinso carefully stepped into the training room.
"This is Seiso Jin. He'll be helping you practice today."
"Why?"
Shinso felt deathly uncomfortable as Jin leaned against the wall, smirking at the first-year.
"He trained with me a lot last year. You need more experience with other students, so I brought him for today."

Jin chuckled while using his foot to push himself away from the wall.
"Do we get to use quirks, Shota?"
"Don't push it, Seiso."
"Sir, his quirk isn't offensive, right? Does that mean I can use mine?"
"No."
"Shota!"
"You're on thin ice."

Jin grinned wide as he stuffed his hands into his pockets, strolling over to Shinso. The two weren't actually far off in height. Shinso knew he was tall, but having Jin stand in front of him definitely made him feel small.
"I'm a second-year. Aizawa and I are like best buds."
"We are not," he heard the teacher mumble.
Shinso nodded, "Are you in the hero course then?" He kept his eyes to the ground and rubbed his arm nervously.

Quickly, Shinso felt his body lift and Jin flipped him over his shoulder, throwing him on the ground.
"You're pretty light. You got a gravity quirk or you just skinny?"
Shinso ached even more now and the stinging of his back was terrible.
"You let my presence distract you. I thought you said this one was a keeper, Shota."
Jin stepped over to stand above him.
"Get up."
Shinso grumbled and tried to push himself away, but Jin threw his leg on his chest and held his arm directly under Shinso's chin.
"Get up, Hitoshi."

Continuously, Shinso tried to push Jin away, but he kept him in one place. Jin was much different from Aizawa's fighting style. He was much more offensive and close-knit. Shinso cursed quietly and continued to try and get away.
"You said Aizawa taught you?" Shinso hissed, his hands digging into the hard floor he was pinned to.
"Yeah, he-"
Jin froze, his eyes dulled, and Shinso silently cheered as he got the older boy under his spell.

"Get off me."
Jin stood up straight and Shinso sighed as he stood up with his shaking legs.
Aizawa shook his head.
"Shinso, I said no quirks."
"It's his fault for getting distracted."
He rolled his eyes and smiled.
"Whatever, Shinso. Let him go and let's get on with this."

"Sunny, if you want to fight with me, I'll be the winner."
Y/N watched as Jin lied on his stomach, making direct eye contact with her cat.
"Your claws don't even match my mastery, CAT!"
Sunny flinched and ran off to his owner, snuggling into her warm lap.
"You don't have to pick a fight with my cat every time you come over."
"Sunny and I are mortal enemies. Can't change, won't change."
Jin rolled over and moved closer to Y/N.

He smiled up at her, loving the warmth that refreshed his cold cheeks.
"Aizawa has been up my ass lately. He is an intense trainer."
"Well, I wouldn't complain because I wouldn't want to end up like Class A."
"As if Aizawa would expel me. Those fools had no talent."
"He just expelled them to teach them a lesson. They all got let back in."
"So what? I bet half won't make it since they're on thin ice. He shouldn't have brought em back, none were cool anyway."
Y/N chuckled, running her heated up hand through his hair. He instinctively rested more into the warmth.
"You're like a damn cat, Jinny."
"And you're a damn microwave, but I don't say nothin."
She heated up her hand, making him sit up quickly.
"Owwie! That's mean Y/N-Chan!"

She rolled her eyes, holding Sunny closer, feeling him purr against her chest. Jin scratched his cheek and bit his lip nervously.
"Y/N, will you promise me something?"
"Depends, playboy."
"Promise me you'll try out for the hero course in our second-year."
"Why?"
"Because you should. Your quirk shouldn't be wasted."

She sighed, not knowing exactly how to reply to him.
"Maiko and I really wanna be in the same class as you. Our second-year would be really good with you in the course with us."
She smiled and set her cat beside her. She crawled towards Jin and raised up her warm hands to his face, looking him in the eyes.
Her fingers ran over scars on his face, some much thinner than others. She wondered where some of them came from.
She leaned her face to his ear and whispered to him, making his back shiver and his stomach twist.

"Successfully land a punch on Mr. Aizawa and I'll consider it."

"Damn you seriously have to take your bike on the train? How far away do you live?"
Shinso shrugged while Jin joined him on the bench in the train station.
"I live pretty far, but it's not that bad."
Jin chuckled and squished the bruise developing on Shinso's cheek.
"Sorry about that, Hitoshi. You left yourself open for a good punch."
Shinso crossed his arms, keeping quiet.

"I'm not exactly surprised Aizawa recruited you. He always knows talent when he sees it."
"Don't make that conversation starter about you."
Jin laughed, nudging Shinso's leg with his knee.
"You caught me! I'm serious though. A general studies student transferring to the hero course is rare. I think you'll make it well."
"It's happened before then?"
"It's been attempted. Never heard of it actually being successful though. Means you'll be the first, good for you."

Shinso noticed how soft and quiet Jin's voice had gotten. The boy had a lot on his mind, he could tell.
"The second-year's only have one hero course, right?"
Jin nodded, giving a soft hum to affirm.
"Only one complete hero course. Class A is a bit broken up, but B is full."
"That's why nobody talks about them, huh? I heard Class B is really cool. Do you think it's a good mix?"
"Maybe, I don't know. I'm only friends with one person from the hero course."
Shinso knitted his eyebrows as Jin stood for the approaching train.

"Wait, Seiso."
"Yeah?"
Jin gripped tightly onto his bag while Shinso's dark eyes searched his.
"Aren't you in the hero course?"
The doors of the train opened and Jin glanced at them before turning back to his underclassman.
"No, Hitoshi, I'm not."