𝗧𝗘𝗡

"Way to show up late, Seiso," Mai rolled her eyes as he approached them in front of Katsumi's store.
"Hold on, why is Tomo here?"
Tomo scoffed at that.
"I was invited by L/N," she answered.
Jin and Y/N met eyes for a moment, anguish in their glare before turning away from each other.
"As long as she doesn't snitch on us," Jin mumbled, rubbing the arm with Y/N's burn-mark on it.

The group began to walk down the street, keeping an eye out.
"So where're we going, L/N?" Tomo asked, stepping up to the front where Y/N lead.
"It's a good hangout place that I found. I thought we could have a big fire or something."
Jin remained behind the girls, sulking at the attention his girlfriend was getting instead of him.

Every second that went by with everyone focused on Y/N, Jin came to resent ever extolling her quirk. He began to think that she was gaining an ego from all the compliments. He was beginning to think that Y/N wanted all the spotlight to herself.
Their short adventure this night was only just the start of the downfall of trust.

"So...All Might is officially retired?"
Y/N was holding onto Shinso's window in order not to fall from his roof. He sat beside his window while they talked.
"I guess so. Saving Bakugou from the villains wore him out I guess."
She rested her chin atop her arm.
"How'd they get him the first place?"
"Attacked that camp I told you about," he said, "the students fought back and everything, but they still managed to get Bakugou."

She felt the tips of her fingers sting at that information. Her face clenched along with her hands.
"So...villains attacked them and the kids had to fight back?" Y/N asked, trying not to sounds too vicious.
"Yeah. I heard it was rough."
She felt more furious with each detail Shinso shared. Those damn kids were allowed to fight them? Why?
"My mom was freaking out that they let children fight real villains, but for class 1A it wouldn't have been their first time."

Y/N removed her hands from Shinso's window, afraid of burning it. She was beyond angry at this news.
"Speaking of that, Y/N," Shinso rubbed his neck, closing his eyes as he braced himself to tell her. "My school is trying really hard to protect students since they got Bakugou back."
She didn't like the nervous look he was giving her.

"They're putting all the students in dorms near school so they can watch them better. They told my parents this morning."
Y/N shook her head, climbing back up to his window.
"What? What do you mean all students?"
Shinso rubbed his face, pressing his hair back. His voice sounded tired.
"My parents agreed for me to live in the U.A dorms that they're building. I won't be living here anymore."
Y/N felt her heart break, but found herself unable to cry.

She knew she had gotten attached to talking to Shinso on the roof. It had been a comfort, even if they didn't talk a lot of times.
Y/N had decided to stop making friends. She decided it was too painful. Shinso felt so different. He didn't express any fear of her quirk because he was used to that himself.
Y/N had found safety in Shinso and just like everyone else in her life, he was going away.

"I'm really sorry, Y/N," Shinso softly spoke, holding his arm out and resting the back of his hand on her cheek. "You should cool down for right now before you hurt yourself."
She wished she could cry. Y/N wanted to punish herself for getting attached quickly.
It was dumb to have such a dependency on Shinso, especially since she was using him for her own selfish reasons.
"When do you leave?" She quietly asked, not being able to meet his eyes.
"Once the weekend is over."
Shinso felt her skin return to normal as he chest fell with a low sigh.
"It'll be okay," Shinso tried to promise, not knowing if he could fulfill it. "You can still call me and stuff. I'm not going anywhere."