Anya and Pulchritudinous

We had been walking for a couple hours now, and I had been getting really bored. Also, since I usually speak without thinking, I said how my feet felt.

"My feet hurt." I complained like a little kid. "Are we there yet? How long have we been walking? I'm hungry. And tired. And bored. Can't we sing songs or something?"
Annabelle rolled her eyes."No, dumbo. Then we will alert the stupid freaking monsters."
I widened my eyes. "Someone's in a bad mood."
"No," Lexi said "We just all hate the monsters. They just HAVE to make everything difficult."
"Well" I said "Maybe they have a reason." Everyone stared at me.
"What in the world do you mean?" Zayn asked.
"Well, maybe we did something to make them hate us." I responded.
"Like, what? Also, they have been attacking since the days of Hercules, so I doubt it was us." Annebelle replied.

~~~

We walked for a bit as I pondered the question. We came to a clearing, but decided to keep walking, since that might make us more vulnerable. Soon, we passed a vast river, so ravishing and angelic, that even though we were on a quest, we took a few minutes to just look a the river, seemingly endless. After what seemed a short time, we saw the sun beginning to pass, and we realized that we had spent about 2 hours just staring at a river, a beautiful one though.
We then hurried to find a spot to spend the night. We did the usual thing you would probably do if you were spending the night in the wilderness, gathering wood, berries, making a campfire, and setting out places to sleep.
"Why am I the only one who packed a sleeping bag?" I said while we were getting ready "Are you all idiots? I mean seriously! Come one people!"
We set up the campfire, and ate. I had some PB&J sandwiches that I had packed. You can never go wrong with those! Unless you are allergic to peanut butter. Or jelly. Or bread. Annabelle had cereal for dinner. Weird, huh? Anyways, after we ate everyone else was talking, but I was thinking. Suddenly, I interrupted Alice and said " You know, people always talk about being allergic to the peanut butter in PB&J sandwiches. But what if you are allergic to the jelly or the bread?"
They all burst their heads off laughing.
"You're silent all evening and when you finally speak, that's what you say? Hilarious!" Lexi remarked.
"You know," I said blushing "I was also thinking about other stuff."
"Like what?" Lexi asked "Ham sandwiches?" They all started laughing again.
"No. Like about that river. We stared at a river. For 2 hours. That's a bit long, even if it is pulchritudinous."
They stared at me, seeming to say 'What does that mean?'
Answering them, I said " Pulchritudinous means physically beautiful, or comely. Believe it or not, before you guys wrenched me from my normal, ehh, normal-ish life I tried to pay attention in English class, but almost always failed. Mrs. Dockling was boring. " As an afterthought, I added "Who's the dumbo now, Annabelle?"
"Still you." She said, even though she was surprised that I knew that.
I pouted. "Meanie."
"Anyway, I was thinking we should give that weird, Pulchritudinous, river a code name. How about Anya? I like that name."
"Sure." Alice said "That's nice."
"Ok, Anya the river it is!"
"Well," Zayn said "I'll take first watch."
"Good." I said "I need my beauty sleep."
"I really think you should get more." Annabelle said.
"Hey! I shouted"
~~~
Even though I was supposed to be sleeping, I couldn't stop thinking about Anya, monsters, and my family. I missed them a lot. I realized they might not even know I'm gone! I could imagine the posters ' 11 year old girl gone missing! If found, please contact the Prewett family at ...'
Thinking about my family, I remembered my Dad, who died in the army last year, defending an injured soldier. I still missed him, and almost cried thinking about him. So, I thought about the rest of my family. I thought about my older sister, who had taken summer courses to finish her learning experience at Harvord so she could come back to see me. I then imagined her face when my Mom told her I had gone missing at school. She would probably start crying, but not the tears of joy she would have said when she got off the plane and saw me. I felt so bad about leaving her and Mom. Oh, but Granny wouldn't be worried. She would probably tell a story about fantasy creatures and heroes to explain why I was missing. Just like all the other stories she had told me when I was little about a magical camp-school with magic human beings. As I replayed the stories Granny had told me, the seemed even more familiar. Almost as if I had heard them recently from someone else. I thought about them long and hard, and gasped, shocked when it hit me.
They were the history lessons I had began to learn in my SkyDirt classroom. Granny had known about it all along.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, I had big case of writers block, and had to push really hard for inspiration. Also, I got a month, only a month, of Netflix that expires at the end of a month, and am trying to watch 3 seasons of a show in my spare time. When I have my Netflix need partially fulfilled for the day, I try to work on this story. IM SO SORRY! GRAMMAR NAZIS DON'T KILL ME I MEANT I'M SO SORRY!
Also, thank you for 2.43K, almost .5, reads. I expected to get like 2 reads on this, but I have 2.43K reads! Thank you so much! I just finished my most recent instrumental concert stuff which is why I had time to update this! Thx so much again!
Well bye! 😃
D.F.T.B.A.♥️
Dog1125a