The Start

I woke up, stretched, and remembered what happened last night. I got dressed in the use. I stepped outside and went to explore. Hmm.... I never noticed the slimmer pegs at the top of the climbing wall. Note to self: remember that. The conch shell blew. Time for breakfast! I ran to the dining hall. Yum! Waffles and milk! (I know it's weird.) Right before I started eating, Chad stood up and began to speak "I think we all know what we heard last night was a prophecy. And a prophecy always means a quest. So, first we need to figure out who the quest leader is. It did say to take 'the newly found fastest steed' so I'm guessing that means Harper." Everyone nodded/whined in agreement. "And now the quest leader, it didn't give any hint to who the leader would be." Everyone looked like they were thinking. "Now, remember the prophecy," Chad said.

" 'The ones you know are not the only ones you need, You will take the newly found fastest steed. You must make a great sacrifice for your life's depend, Win the game while the others defend.' "

Lexi looked like she had an answer, and started speaking " Avery! You haven't got your mark yet, so a quest would get your mark!" Chad started smiling. "Brilliant! Avery, will you do it?"

I can't do this on my own! I've never been on a quest before!

"Um, I can't do it by myself."

Chad, Lexi,Alex, Max, Brady and a couple other campers laughed. "If your the quest leader, you get to pick who comes with you on the quest." Chad said with a smile."So will you do it?" Hmmm... I guess. "Sure!" I said. "How many can come with me?" Chad said "Three to Five, including you." Okay, let's choose wisely. "Lexi, I need someone who I sorta know and who's been on a quest. Will you come?" Lexi smiled. "Of course I will!" That's two, who next? "Annalisa, you are the camper I've known the longest. Can you come?" Annalisa rolled her eyes and smiled. "I've been on a quest or two." That's three. But I want some more. "Alice, are you allowed to come? I mean, your one of my very best friends?" Alice looked surprised. "U-uh, Chad?" Chad smiled and said "If you want to go, Alice." Alice looked a little nervous, but also happy. "Okay, but just know this is my first quest." I gave Alice a smile. I should probably get a strong person on this team. "Okay, that's four. Can we have you?" I pointed to the Hephaestus boy. He looked surprised too. "This is my first quest,though. Oh, and my name's Zayn Goals. And I'll come!" said Zayn. Chad said "Avery, that's five. Are you sure about these campers?" I smiled. "One hundred percent sure!"

"Okay, you are excused from everything but monster history, talent controlling, cabin cleaning, and weapon training. You may use the other time to pack and do quest plans." Chad said to us. "You leave tomorrow morning, after breakfast. Now, everyone may eat!" Everyone started stuffing their faces with food. When I was full, I went to my cabin and started packing. When I was done, and cleaned the entire cabin. I inspected my cabin, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting five stars. I checked my schedule and saw I had two minutes to get to the other side of camp for weapon training! And I can't be late! I heard you have to do a bunch of extra chores. I imagined Harper was outside my cabin door. I heard a whiney. I ran out side and saw Harper. Harper looked like she had no idea how she got here. She was in the fields next to the arena just a second ago! And Harper doesn't come unless called, and the caller has to have an apple or carrot in hand! I got up on her back. "Good thing I took those horse back riding lessons." I muttered. I thought back to when I had them and imagined a horse back riding helmet on my head. Suddenly I felt a weight on my head. It felt like a helmet! "Ya!" I yelled and shook the reins. Harper took of like a bullet, but I made sure she didn't go Harper-fast so I could show off. She was galloping though. The other campers watched in amazement. I got to the arena in no time. I got of her. "Thanks Harper." I said. "I'll bring you two apples later." I went into the arena. Turns out I'm really good with a sword. "Sorry Henry!" I called as they carried him out. I then went to monster history. Maybe I shouldn't go on this quest, I don't have my talent yet, but I went to talent control to learn about the other campers talents. I better stay on thier good side! Finally, it was time for Me, Lexi, Annalisa, Alice, and Zayn to meet up and talk about the quest.We talked about what it might mean, and we decied that Zayn was the one we didn't know, because nobody on the quest knew him, and that Harper would know where to go. Finally it was time for dinner. We all sat down and stuffed our faces with the good-bye dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, roast beef, corn, carrots, and blueberry muffins are pretty good and filling. I walked to my cabin to get some sleep, and right before I fell asleep, I imagined someone saying instructions to win something. Then I fell asleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey, sorry for the long wait. I'm a really bad writer+I'm really busy+ I get writers block a lot=long wait for update. I wrote this all in one day, 10/23/13. I'm sick from school so I'm updating because I finally have time. Wow, this was such a longer chapter than usual, that my spell check glitched out and said every word is spelled wrong so sorry for spelling mistakes. And I thank all my readers for waiting for this bad update. And PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD OF THIS STORY! This is my second story, my first one I deleted cause it was really bad. So this is technically my first story! And I thank ALL my readers. The ones who have been here since the beginning and the ones who just joined. THANK YOU!! Please comment, vote, follow, (if you comment I'll follow you) and read my other story's. You follow me I follow you. And once again, THANK YOU!!

D.F.T.B.A. (Don't Forget To Be Awesome)

Dog1125a