Chapter 24

12:00 am

Coby is curled up comfortably in his bed, his heart racing and his mind open and alert. Janice took Welly into her office for a proper "paranormal" check up to make sure Welly wasn't possessed. She would stay with her until tomorrow, just to be safe. Outside wind blows and a wispy, black smog enters his room, curving and weaving through the once clean air. Coby sat up with a start and watched as the smog circled around the bed. Coby began feeling nauseous and dreary. The world around his was dimming.

"Help." he coughed, his voice raspy and weak. The smog filled the room as he slowly, slowly, drifted into darkness.

{The Dream}

A lonely forest, stood in front of him, trees loomed overhead. Branches were crooked arms reaching out towards him, grabbing at his jeans and shirt. Coby eyes shot open. Where the hell was he? He tried to turn around but his feet propelled him forwards. It was as if someone was controlling him. Who was out there? As he walked on, he saw a young girl running next to him, a scared frown plastered on her face.

"What's the matter?" He called to the girl. The girl didn't say a thing and swiftly ran past him. He picked up the pace and charged after her. Up ahead was a dark, shadowy figure with long, slender arms. His face had no mouth, nor did it have a nose. It was an expressionless, face with two, glowing, lilac eyes, watching closely at the little girl ran.

"No," He called once more. The girl picked up the pace, he darted after her. "Stop don't go near-." He was cut off short. It was clear to him now. The girl wasn't running away from the shadowy figure. She was running towards it!

He watched in horror as the young girl was lifted by the figure and pulled into a tight, strangle of a hug. The girl screamed and dropped to the ground.

"No!" He screamed and ran towards her. The shadow shrunk down until it was about the same height as him. The mist that surrounded him has dissipated, revealing a young, teenage boy. He was skinny with chestnut hair and a light green eyes. Holy shit! It was him!

"Now it is clear to me..." a voice said. It was a softer and feminine with a hint of sadness wedged in between. It was Welly's voice. Sure enough, a girl walked towards him, her face showing no expression. The girls outfit was similar to a princess type of outfit from Aladdin; cropped, satin purple top with a long flowing purple satin skirt. The apparition of Coby slowly drifted away, leaving Coby alone with Welly.

"Welly!" Coby said, "Its so good to see you." He leaned down to hug her but was suddenly pinned down by an unidentified force. Welly smirked as she watched Coby trash around, trying his best to break free.

"It's funny to me how you think you can just walk away after what you have done." Welly said, her eyes burning with anger.

"Wha-What do you mean?" Coby asked, the force pulling hard at his arms.

"You killed me, Coby." She said flatly.

"I would never...." He replied. The force tugged harder and, he let out a cry. He heard something snap. Deferentially a bone.

"Then why did I see you crushing my delicate 5 year old body?" Welly asked, her eyes slowly shifting colors from a light brown to a cold blackish color. Coby stared in shock and gave on answer to her question. He noticed her stomach had a new tattoo on it. It was an eye with an "X" crossing right through it. Right below the horrific drawing was the word, End, scrawled in cursive.

"Do you like it?" She cooed, looking down at the tattoo. "It's a wonderful edition to my collection." She flexed her wrist to reveal the two tattoos that where engraved into her wrists. They both said the same word on it. Eye. What did that mean?

Crack. Another bone popped. Coby winced in pain. "Stop it!" Coby cried. "Please!" Welly grinned. She shouted something in an unknown language and immediately the force released him. Welly quickly pinned him to a tree and drew a dagger out from her skirt pocket.

"Don't think you are getting away that easy." She grinned psychotically, pointing the tip at Coby's heart. He whimpered.

"Welly, please." he begged. "Spare me." She looked away from Coby. "I must." She whispered. "I am the one, Coby, the special one. The chosen one." Coby began to sweat, the blade inching towards his heart. It would be over soon. "What are you?" He asked. Welly glared at him, her eyes cold black pits.

"The beautiful eye that will save us all."

{Reality}

Welly dropped the dagger and stared at Coby's lifeless body. She knew it had to be done. She had to destroy the evil that killed her so many years ago. The Eye loomed over her and smiled his malicious grin. She slowly walked into his arms as he wrapped his long, tentacle like arms around her. He pulled her tighter and reached for the bloody dagger that was still lying on the bed. With one swoop of the knife, Welly lied on the bed unconscious on the bed besides Coby. She was never the one to begin with. How could he have not known this before? He tossed the weapon across the room and listens to the clang of the iron blade hitting the floor. The Eye looked once more at Welly's lifeless body. It was a shame she wasn't the one. She was so beautiful, so delicate and full of life. He plants a soft kiss on her fore head before turning to leave the bloody massacre behind. Time to find the true savior of his people, his kingdom. Time to find the beautiful eyes that will save him all.