Chapter 8

(A/N) Well I can defiantly say I have achieved the 200 reads part of it. But what about the votes? Feel free to vote for your fave chapter. Okay? Okay. Now read my children. :D Enjoy)

Coby suggested that Welly sleep with him tonight since clearly, her cabin wasn't safe. Unable to protest, nor speak, Welly followed Coby out of the building. It was a cold summer night, wind blowing through the trees. The sound of bats squealing from the rooftops blared in Welly's ears. Her stomach still was in pain, even though there was no cut there. Every once in a while, she would feel a jolt of pain, yet she'd shrugged it off as if it was no big deal. Welly didn't want to think about what happened during the day. All she wanted was a bed to lie down on to sleep. She looked over at Coby, his eyes droopy and sagging. She could tell he needed a good night rest to. Thunder rumbled in the distance as the two teens arrived at Cabin 18, Coby's cabin. They quickly got inside before the lightning flashed in the sky.

Welly lied awake that night, staring up at the ceiling like she has always done. Rain drummed against the rooftop, slashing against the window pane. Boom, boom, the sound of heavy thunder echoed in Welly's ears. She couldn't sleep at all. Images of the tattoo and the blood swirling in the vile never left her head. No matter how hard she tried, the images came coming back, overthrowing all her happy thoughts, turning them into dreadful nightmares.  After what felt like forever, Welly forced her eyes close and smashed her face into the pillow. 

Welly's Dream (Again, is it really necessary to say that? lol)

Darkness...

Emptiness...

Blackness...

Welly found herself lying face down on a soft, muddy, blanket. A revolting taste was on her tongue. Dirt. She just ate dirt.  And now, She was lying in it. Welly spat vigorously on the ground and slowly stood up. She was still in the same clothes she had sleep in, which consisted of a pair of jean shorts and a tank top, still soaked in blood around the stomach. Now it had dirt to accompany it. Gross. Ignoring her unattractive wardrobe, Welly looked around. Trees swayed solemnly in the wind, the branches wilted and droopy. The sound of a little girl screaming pierced her ear. Immediately, she ran, not caring about where to go nor about horror movie logic (if you don't know what that is, it's not running in a f*cking scary forest). Off the corner of her eye, Welly saw a litter girl, probably around 5, lying helplessly on the ground. Her hair was being yanked and tugged around by a black hand with 5 long, slither, fingers. A black body was hovered over her, laughing as she squirmed around, trying to free herself from his painful grasp.

"Stop, it!" Welly screamed, rushing over to help the girl.

Once she reached her, the black body and the long fingers disappeared into a black ,smoky, dust. The girl lied there, eyes closed, body still. Not a muscle moved, no heart thumped in her chest. She was dead. Welly picked up the girls limp body and cried into her stomach, blurring her face into the  plaid dress she was wearing. After what felt like hours of crying, Welly looked at the girl's face. Her light blue eyes were still open  as if she really wants alive. Her olive skin was pale now and her hair was lose and slightly curly, just like...Welly. Was the girl really Welly? Welly dropped the body and watched as it disintegrated into the ground in a cloud of dust.

"Why are you invading my past?" Welly whispered to the eerie forest that lied in front of her.

"I'm not invading." A voice said.

Welly blinked. Hot breath tickled her neck, making her body shiver in fear.

"What's the matter Welly?" The voice chuckled. "Afraid of seeing the truth?"

Welly whimpered in fear, then forced herself to stop. Why was she becoming afraid of this jerk?  None of her fear should be wasted on a guy who can't show his own face. Should it?