Chapter 5

A/N - I apologize for taking so long to put this up, I've been in the hospital because of a surgery and complications stemming from the surgery. I'm back on track now, hopefully I can get chapters out faster. Thank you all for the support, so far no negative comments and that's a relief.

------------------------------

It took me a few moments to register what my wolf had just told me. When I finally realized what she said, my knees gave out and I landed on my backside, uncaring of the rough impact.

"P-p....?"

Pups, yes. It was a little over a month ago, when Alexi let Jaxon, another of his vampire associates, take you upstairs. Our pups will be half vampire, but that doesn't scare me. We are having three, an unusual number for vampires but pretty common for us. Do... do you want them? They are ours, and we must protect them.

I didn't know how to answer her. Of course I didn't want them. I'm thirteen, and they were fathered by a filthy child rapist who also happened to be a vampire. But I've also only known about them for less than a minute and I already want to protect them. My head was starting to ache, going back and forth between what I wanted and what I felt I had to do.

"I don't know! I can't think straight. I want to protect them but I don't want to raise half breed babies I got pregnant with when I was abused!" I exclaimed.

That's understandable. But they are our responsibility. We will raise them right and whatever vampire attributes they gain, we will figure out how to deal with them.

"I'm only thirteen..." I said weakly. I had a feeling I was going to end up having and raising these babies no matter what I decided, with the way my wolf was defending them. It isn't only my choice.

I know you're young, but I am not. Do you know where a werewolf's wolf comes from?

I had no idea. Like the other knowledge I was lacking, that would have been taught to me when I was old enough to learn in the pack that was destroyed.

Well, I have been around for centuries. I am still a baby in comparison to some wolves. Those wolves older than me have been around since the begining of our race. When their host body dies, they linger on this plane and enter another being upon their birth, and stay waiting until they can get through to their other half. As the population grew, more of us wolves came into existence to attach to a host, to grow and live with them, to let them experience the life of a werewolf. I have all of the experience we need to give birth to and raise these children, and you will have nothing to fear.

Hearing the origin of my wolf and the extent of her knowledge did help, but only a very tiny bit. I was still terrified of what was going to happen to me. I couldn't help thinking that I needed to go to a doctor, it was what all the women in my pack did when they were pregnant.

"What if something goes wrong? There are no doctors around, and we might need one. What if we die? What if the babies die? What if only one dies? What if only one lives? I don't think I can do this." I cried out hysterically. I couldn't even begin to process this information overload.

Nothing is going to happen to us or the babies. We will Change into my form for the birth, it will make it easier and you will feel next to nothing. If anything goes wrong, just trust that I will know how to handle it. We need to start making this place ours, we don't have much time left. Our kind usually give birth within five to six months, and I don't know if the fact that they're half vampire will speed up or slow down the process. So, enough of this pity party. I'm serious. We have important things to do and we can not waste time with your crying. We are having these pups, and raising them, and loving them. Get up! Up off your behind, and into the first chamber. We're going to scope out rocks to push in front of the door for our protection.

Hearing the seriousness in my wolf's voice, I got up. I squeezed through the long passage into the first chamber, where the fire was almost dead and it was a lot colder. I stood for a few moments in a daze, then shook myself out of it and got to work.

================================

After I had found a rock that would cover most of the first opening to the cave, I went deeper into the cave to the third and final room I had discovered. After some thought, I decided that if we were going to stay here, this would be where I slept, and pretty soon, where my pups and I would sleep.

I also wondered if this would always be a safe place for us. I mean, it felt like we were miles upon miles away from Alexi, which I guess we were, but not as far as I would like. He could find us at any moment if he tried hard enough. Since I had been thinking about my situation for a while now, I realized that the longer I knew, the more I wanted to have these pups. I still wasn't 100 percent about it, but I was more open to the idea.

And because of that, I kept feeling more and more terrified that Alexi was going to come kill us all. Or maybe even take us all back to that house, and take my babies away and sell them, or maybe even just kill them because they will be half breeds.

I hadn't been awake for more than 4 hours, but already I felt so exhausted. I felt like I had been up for a week. I sat in my... room? I wasn't exactly sure what to call it. When I thought of a room, I pictured a house and a bed, walls made of wood. But then again, this was going to be my home. I should probably just call it a room, because that's what I'll be using it as. And the room with the pool can be the washroom. What about a bathroom? We can't venture outside every time we have to go, it's too dangerous. I guess that will have to wait for later.

I laid down to the far left of the room and curled up, one hand on my stomach, and instantly fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------

A/N - Yes, this is a pretty short chapter, I apologize. Hopefully I can make the next one long enough to make up or it. Thanks to those who stuck with the story and waited for the update.