Chapter 17

Callisto POV

Being out of the dungeons had already improved my mood pretty drastically.

Being fed was the icing on the cake, especially since it was the raw meat I was used to.

But when a new woman came barging into the kitchen my mood plummeted. Was it another bitch trying to get with my mate? Was she a threat to my children? Who is this "she" she is looking for?

Mitchell hadn't moved from his seat when she arrived, and he seemed pretty relaxed around her.

"Laurie, this is my mate Callisto. Callisto, this is my sister Laurie."

Sister? Thank the Goddess. I didn't want more competition, since I wasn't completely sure I could win in the first place.

I relaxed a bit, but kept standing in front of my children. She may be related to my mate, but I didn't know her from Eve. I could see Mitchell smirking from the corner of my eye and wondered what he was so amused about. It was annoying.

"Hello Callisto! Oh, I've always wanted a sister! What's that behind you....?"

Laurie started off hyper and excited, but when she trailed off into confusion when she got a look at the pups, I looked at them too, trying to see what she was seeing.

"Mitchell..." she started saying, but her voice appeared to just give out. I could smell the fear and suspicion coming from her in waves.

"What's wrong, Laurie?" I couln't figure it out, and Mitchell seemed pretty confused himself.

"How... how are they pups? They're too young! And their eyes! WHAT HAVE YOU BROUGHT INTO OUR HOME!?" his sister screamed. I understand now.

I was so use to how my babies were that I no longer considered what they could do abnormal, but to pack wolves this has probably never been heard of and they will be scared of anything different.

"Laurie, enough!" Mitchell used his Alpha Voice to command his sister. She had still been screeching about the "abominations" in her kitchen while I was coming to my conclusion.

"These pups are half vampire. I don't know why they are pups, I truly didn't realize until you pointed it out. I was preoccupied. They are not a danger to us, and will be staying with us along with my mate. They are her children by birth. No, don't ask any questions, I will explain everything at the pack meeting I am calling for tonight." Mitchell said. Laurie had tried to interrupt at the end. " Now if you can, please go see if you have anything in your closet that will fit Callisto. She's roughly your height, but a bit skinnier. Also try finding some clothing to fit..... how old are they, Callisto?"

He stopped speaking to her and addressed me. I tapped my nails on the kitchen tiles five times in reply.

"...three five year olds. Two boys one girl. You're dismissed."

Laurie walked out looking none too pleased, but she had to obey her Alpha's orders.

"Now that she's gone, would you like me to show you the room you and your pups will be staying in? I realize you won't want to be separated from them, so I put you all in one room. You'll be on the top floor with me, in the Alpha's living space. And the Luna's." He added the last part on with a sexy smirk on his face while he made eye contact with me. My heart picked up, beating faster in response. His smirk turned into a full smile when his canine hearing allowed him to hear the effect he had on me.

I let out a wolfy snort and a short bark to let him know his laughter wasn't appreciated. He chuckled again anyway, the asshole.

He turned away and walked towards the staircase I had run down last night. I looked behind me to make sure my pups were following me close behind, and then thought better of that.