Chapter 11

Alpha Mitchell O'Brien POV

I stopped, horrified with myself.

I hurt her again. It may have been an accident, but that meant nothing.

I rushed over to her side and changed back to human. I knelt and picked her head up, feeling around for an injury. There was a gash where her head had met the sharp rock, and even as I touched it, it was still swelling. This could be a very dangerous injury, and it was all my fault.

My pack warriors gathered around us, and one of them handed me his shirt to put over the gash and stop the bleeding. I wasn't worried about them seeing her naked, since she hadn't changed back to human when she went unconscious.

" We should get her back to the pack house Alpha. Head wounds can be very serious." One of them spoke up, worry clear in hs voice.

I stood so I could pick her up, but before I could bend over to take her into my arms, I heard something running towards us from the darkness of the forest. I stood in the path of whatever was coming, in case I needed to protect my injured mate. My warriors came to stand on either side, making a wall of bodies between the threat and their future Luna.

Three small shapes bounded out from the trees. Since we weren't expecting them to be so tiny, we stood in confusion long enough for them to slip between our legs. They were moving so fast no one had time to stop them.

We turned around, most of us growling in warning and ready to attack, but stopped short at the sight before us.

Three small pups stood around my mate. One of them, the black one, stood between her and us, trying to growl ferociously. The grey one was licking my mates face and whining, while the white one licked her injury.

I stepped forward to get the white one away from the wound, licking it might make it worse, but before I could take two steps, the black pup sank his teeth into my calf.

"Fuck!" I was too surprised to stop myself from yelling in pain. Resisting the urge to kick the pup away, I leaned down and pried his teeth out of me as gently as I could. When I picked him up, he was still growling and trying to bite me again. I was tempted to chuckle, but my mate's injury was still the first thing in my mind. I went to hand him to the closest warrior, until I noticed something that made my heart skip a beat.

The pup's eyes were blood red.

All humour left me, and I handed him to the warrior, cautioning him to be careful when handling the pup. Not knowing exactly what he was made all of us wary. I looked at the other two closely, and saw that they had the same blood red eyes as the black one. They must be siblings. I called two more warriors to restrain the other two pups, and they put up just as much of a fight as their brother.

"Alpha, these pups are unusually strong. We have to get back to the pack house fast, I'm not sure how long we can keep them from escaping us." The warrior who held the black pup said. The other two warriors with a pup in their care nodded in agreement, confused scowls on all three faces.