CHAPTER 1

"Sometimes, unplanned things make the best memories"

• anon •

-------------

"Ammi, why is-" I called out to my ammi as I entered the house and the first thing I noticed was a girl, on the floor, flat on her face! She can't be my sister as we have only boys here with Ammi, so the question is, Who is this clumsy girl?

"Who are you?" I asked her.

She looked up, her green eyes shining devilishly.

"Oh salaam" she said getting up.

"Was salaam and who are you?" I asked her getting straight to the point.

It was almost 10pm and she was in my effing house for Allah's sake!

"Who are you?"I asked again

"Ahh Ha-' she said but my ammi cut her off.

"Kaif, meet Hasti" she said, enthusiastically.

'Ammi who is this?" I asked, turning to my mother.

She gave me a small smile.

"Kaif, this is Hasti, niece of Maya aunty" she replied and I wrecked my brain to think who this aunty was.

Oh right. Mom's friend who lived I forgot where.

"Oh.. and what is she kindly doing in my house?" I questioned, glancing over to the girl standing by the staircase.

"Kaif, calm down and be nice! She will be living with us here. For a few weeks" Ammi scolded/ told me while the devil in question grinned from her position.

I sighed before nodding my head in surrender. I was too tired to talk or argue anyway.

I'll deal with it tomorrow.

After the night salutations to my mother, I retired to my room.

We lived in Woodside park, London and this place was pretty much home. I loved it here and since the tragedy of my father, ammi and I along with my little brother Zakaryah have been living here.

I sighed as I set on my bed, taking off my tie and coat.

Abba.... No Kaif you will not let him come between your dreams and ammi!

Yuo that's it.

I went to my closet and took out my clothes to shower and have rest.

After shower and a fresh set of clothes, I set by the open window of my room overlooking the green backyard of my home. It's a friday night and the air's cold. Perks of having christmas near, I guess.

After a while, I decided to Tahajjud before retiring to bed.

I guess life is uninteresting nowadays.

✳️

The next morning was more of a hassle. Usually on weekends I work from home or take ammi and Zaki out.

"Salaam ammi, Zaki" I said as I set down beside my brother at the breakfast table.

I looked around and realized the clumsy girl was not around. Huh, must've gone home.

I took my plate of pancakes and cut the piece taking it to my mouth.

"AARHHHH!" screamed a female voice so loud that even the pancake form my fork fell. Spoke too soon.