Chapter 3: Childhood Love

Chapter 3: Part 2 - The Date

"Are you uhm rich, like you know just now the dude called you 'Young Master'? And this dinner, why me?" I laugh awkwardly, "Just curious."

"My father is the owner of this hotel, the rest is history. You didn't know?"

"Nope, everybody else knows?"

"Kind of, it was spreading like wildfire.""

"O, I guess I wasn't that on track with gossips around."

"Now you know babe."

"Yup."

This is slowly getting awkward, someone save me from this amazingly good awkward dinner. I cleared my throat preparing to say something but thankfully the food's here.

I didn't know Daryl was this shy, I thought he was all confident and you know cheeky. Since he was so popular in school and all.

Even thought we hardly exchange conversation, we seem to know what both of us were thinking. Not in the romantic way, but like we knew each other for years.

"The steak was really good." I exclaimed rubbing my tummy. "Where are we going next?"

"Just follow me."

We walked out of the back entrance and into the forest. I held onto Daryl's arm tight afraid of falling cause of my killer heels. I shouldn't have wore this but it's a 5-star hotel we are talking about sigh.

"Can you like carry me or something. Try wearing this heels."

"Few more steps and we are reaching, come on." I rolled my eyes and walked as quick as my damn heels can carry me. I almost trip and fell but lucky i was grabbing onto Daryl, gosh.

Suddenly Daryl stopped and i bump into him. I straighten up and look up. A whole stretch of lights sparkle and the view was breath-taking. You could see the whole view of the city here, it's amazing. I could stay here all night, it's one of the best thing a guy ever done for me.

We stood there in silence for a few mintues, i need to take in the moment before i could speak. I cannot be happy with my life at this moment, it will be even more perfect with the special someone i adore.

"Thank you" I manage to say, "Thank you for this. It's amazing, this will defintely be one of my favourite places."

"Anna, there's a reason why i bought you here." I turn to face Daryl, we were looking at each other right in the eye. "I have always wanted to bring you here but i didn't dare. There was so many guys after you, i didn't want to look like the desperate dude so i just watched. Made fun of you when i can, bullied you whenever i find a chance, till today i got the courage. I want to tell you that i love you, it's okay if you reject me but i just want you to know."

Just tell him, just tell him that you like that guy. Go on, you're freaking useless.

"D-daryl, i'm out of words really. I'm really thankful for you have done, but i have someone in my mind that i love deeply. I'm sorry too, i couldnt give what you wanted but we could be real good friend. You and i click well, it's great to meet someone like you even though you "bullied" me alot. Just can't be happy and greatful for you." This is the worst thing someone would ever want to hear but he was so nice to me but i can't bring myself to lie to him.

We chatted here and there shared some interesting facts. It was really nice to be good friend with Daryl, he is open minded and well really funny. I refuse to climb back down the hill so Daryl carried me on his back, i started playing with his soft straigten hair and told him really stupid jokes.