Chapter 25

© All Rights Reserved

When I finally woke up, darkness is the first thing I noticed. My head hurt whenever I moved it. My whole body felt sluggish. I tried to make out something in the dark but I couldn't. I moved my arms only to notice that they were tied up. My ankles were tied up too. I tried to take them out of the chains, but my lack of energy allowed me not to. I opened my mouth to speak when I heard footsteps. I froze and listened. I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing. I felt hands on my cheeks. I pretended that it didn't bug me, but it did. I felt scared. I then felt lips on my forehead and the person whisper, "You're finally mine Abagail." Then I heard the footsteps fade away and something that sounded like the door shut. I waited a couple of seconds before speaking.

"Hello?" I said, my voice cracking. I cleard my throat and spoke again. "Is anybody here?" There was no reply but I heard something or somebody move. "Hello?" I asked again.

"Who's there?" A voice asked. I knew that voice. I knew that voice and I've missed that voice so, so much. Tears came to my eyes.

"Ryan?" I asked.

"Abby?" I heard his voice say. Oh God! It was him, it was Ryan. My brother was alive! Words couldn't describe the way I was feeling right now.

"Yeah, it's me," I croaked. "Ryan, is that really you?"

"Yeah Abby, it's me," I heard Ryan say.He was alive! Ryan was alive!

"Of course I'm alive," Ryan said.

"I thought you were dead," I said, tears coming out of my eyes. "Everybody thought you were dead."

"I know." If it wasn't so quiet in here then I wouldn't have heard him. "The person who did this told me and let me read it. It was on the newspaper."

"I'm so happy you're alive Ryan," I said. "I'm so sorry about all of this."

"Why are you sorry Abby? This isn't your fault," Ryan said.

"But it is," I persisted. "This is all my fault. The person who's doing this wants me. He only wants me. But he's willing to hurt all of you to do that. That's why Hanna got hurt, that's why he took you. That's why everything bad is happening. Whoever this person is, wants me and will stop at nothing to get me."

"This isn't making any sense," Ryan said.

"I know, I'm sorry. Long story short though, this all happened since the first time I got attacked. This all started right after that first incident."

"Wait, you got attacked?" I groaned. This was going to take a lot of explaining.

"I did," I said. "I got attacked and ever since then, my attacker has been calling me and sedning me texts saying that I had to break-up with Seb. And I did. Everything went to shit afterwards. Everything just keeps on getting worse and it doesn't seem to stop getting that way."

"What happened to everybody else? Seb? What happened to Sarah? Is she okay?" At the mention of their names, I went on high alert.

"I don't know," I said.

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Ryan said, an angry tone of voice coming out.

"I mean, I lost them. Whoever is doing this, has it all planned out. We were ending the play when he made his move. Seb got me and Sarah out, but they both sacrificed themselves to save me." Tears came out of my eyes. I was such a bad friend to both of them.

"We need to get out of here!" Ryan shouted. I nodded, but then remembered he couldn't see me.

"I know," I said. "I need to find Seb and Sarah and make sure they're okay." Oh God, I hoped with all my heart that they were okay. I was about to speak again when I heard a cough.