Chapter 22

© All Rights Reserved

I woke up with a killer headache. I slugishly got out of bed and drank Advil, before crawling back into bed. The weather seemed to match my mood. The sky was cloudy and it was sprinkling outside. Last night had been horrible. I didn't fall asleep until three in the morning. I stood up thinking about the stupid thing I did. Then I realized that it wasn't stupid at all. I had to keep reminding myself that I did this to protect my friends. I did this so that nobody else could get hurt. I did the right thing.

"Abby?" I picked up my head to see my mom caring a mug with her.

"Yeah?" I asked. She came and set the cup down on my nightstand.

"Scoot over," she said. I did and she came and lied down next to me. She pulled me to her and I silently cried. After I was done, she spoke. "What's wrong sweetheart?" I sighed and without looking up at her, I replied.

"I broke up with Seb," I said. My mom hugged me tighter to her.

"Why?" She asked softly. I knew it was no use in hiding it from my mom. So I told her everything. I told her how my attacker kept calling me. I told her how he threatened my friends' lives if I didn't break up with the guy I love. When I was done, I was crying. I was scared. Scared for my life. My mom got on the phone with Gale right away. She alos made another few calls, which she didn't let me hear.

Mom came back in the room after she was done. She gave me another cup of hot chocolate. I drank the warm liquid and sighed.

"Sweetheart, you know I love you right?" My mom asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "I love you too." She smiled then glanced at me with a worried expression.

"Well then you'll understand why I'm doing this right?" I looked at her confused. When I didn't say anything, she continued. "I'm getting you body guards."

"Okay," I said. She looked at me, surprised by my reaction.

"You're okay with it?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said. "I understand why." She smiled and hugged me.

"What do you say we do something today? Just me and you."

"You're not going into work?" I asked. My mom rarely missed work. She waved it off.

"They could handle things without me there," she said. "So what do you say?"

"Yeah sure," I said. She smiled again.

"Good be ready in twenty minutes." I smiled a small smile and got up from bed. I washed my face, then got dressed. I put on my purple off the shoudler jumper, dark skinny jeans, and my black Uggs. I ran a brush to my hair, then scrunched it up. I put on my black beanie, then headed out. I saw my mom getting her stuff. Instead of her normal work attire, she wore an Aeropostale sweater, her boots, and a pair of Adidas shoes. I smiled at her and we headed out.

"Where are we headed?" I asked.

"The mall," she said. She glanced at me. "You okay with that?"

"Yeah," I said. We drove with the radio playing softly in the backround. I stared out the window and just thought about everything. How could my life change so much in just a blink of an eye. This wasn't the senior year experience I wanted to have. It did bring one good thing out of it though. Well a couple of good things anyways. I ended up with Seb. I ended up falling in love. I ended loosing my virginity to somebody I knew was right.

"What are you thinking about sweetheart?" My mom asked me.

"Life," I replied.

"What about it?" She asked.